In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow Fishing

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone do this? I have been contemplating starting this as a way to give me something else to shoot. Any ideas on a bow for it? I dont plan on using my XT for this.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, I was watching a show about bow fishing and it seemed kinda neat. My uncle lives in michigan and his friend and him fish together and sometimes do this. I would like to know what are the basics you would need to know and what the price range of the equipment is. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do any of you guys use homemade equipment? If not, what do you recommend as far as factory stuff? When fishing in weeds and doing alot of walking along banks here in Ohio, I'm tired of using the old factory stuff.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello

What do you think about it
    Does any one practice it???

Can you send me some pictures
    michael.artmueller@gmx.net
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Get something old with like zero let off. I dont do it yet but I have been researching this for a long time now. I am getting an old bear for $20. and settin it up. If I drop it in the water it wont matter much. seems a lot of people dont use compounds and the ones that do are older zero or low let off.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Im looking to do this this spring
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a group of guys that are into carp shooting. They all tell me the only bow to use for it is the Oneida Eagle style bows. I do not know the reason.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have heard of not having any letoff. Guys down here shoot carp. gar, other "trash fish" and you can shoot catfish with them now.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got an old bow i am wanting to get rid of if someone wants just let me know all i want for it is shipping cost and that is only because i am on strike and am broke
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nyforester
    I know a group of guys that are into carp shooting. They all tell me the only bow to use for it is the Oneida Eagle style bows. I do not know the reason.

The reason to use an onida bow is because you can draw it and then rest the lower limb on your leg, and the bow holds itself at full draw. The string can and will go slack. The owner of the local bow shop has one just for this. Otherwise it is a terrible shooting bow.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Bear recurve, it's pretty exciting.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I pick my bow up Monday. I'm giddy![:D]