In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Building a new Bow Looking for hunting rest

48454845 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Just purchased a Bowtech Equalizer. Looking for some input on a rest for hunting. A Biscuit or NAPP quick tune 360. Also looking for a new pendulum sight. Hunt with an older Keller but it's a bit noisey. 4845

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't really like pendulum sights, I like to know where my pin is at all times without thinking about it.
  • Options
    Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The whisker bisket is the more user friendly but a buddy of mine bought a NAP 360 and really likes it holds the arrow in place and is quiet and personaly it looks better. for sights Copper john dead nuts, Cobra sidewinder, Toxonics, or HHA single pin adjustible are all nice.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't use a pendulum so I can't give ya any input there but I do use the biscuit. Like it quite well.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for the Biscuit. Nice and quiet.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Ditto the bisquit
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    i have a NAPquiktune drop away rest and i really like it. never had a problem with it. i don't use pendulum sights, but i would make a vote for the 5 pin copper john dead nuts sight[^]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I shoot a drop away rest too, so I will throw my vote in that direction.
    As for the sights, I use the Trophy Ridge Matrix Guide Series. I really like the vertical inline pins. It increases how much you can see around the pins when looking through the peep (at least it seems that way to me).
    I used to shoot a pendulum sight, but when I got my new bow (a BowTech Tribute) I found out I didn't need it anymore. I shoot the same pin from 0-35 yards now. Since that is where 98% of my shots are, I really don't need the pendulum anymore. I would bet that you may fall into the same category.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is another vote for the drop away rests. I have a QAD Ultra Rest LD and wouldn't have it any other way. All the benifits of a drop away (no fletch contact mainly) and full containment like a biscuit. I have not seen a better rest on the market for the hunter/target shooter.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If you go fixed pin sights. check out the flashpoint. They also have a flashpoint super seven. I had a copper John dead nuts and use this now. There is none better for huntin in my opinion.

http://www.blackgoldsights.com/flashpoint.html
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a dropaway and a red dot scope. I got away from the peep in the string. My daughter shoots a dropaway and a sidewinder and a "C" peep.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Used the biscuit for about 3 years, love it. Only downfall from that and any other rest if u shoot through the off season and pre season and shoot during the season one biscuit may = one season. They begin to ware out and become egg shaped. Might of been me though, my first took about 2000 shots on it haha.