In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Can you believe

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
My deer I shot the Sat. after Thanksgiving has just finished being processed. They called last night. I knew this place takes a while to get back but wow. I have never taken one to this place and did it cause I have heard such great stuff about it. Obviously nothing great about the time frames but the quality of the cut and process is supposed to be top notch. I can't wait to get a taste of the hot sticks, With a cold wobble pop of course.[:D]

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah, that is a while and I thought my butcher was slow. 2 months is the usual time frame for him on anything you bring in.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do mine myself.

My buddies pole barn is set up for it. 2 electric hoists, rolling carts with big bins, electric grinder, knives, etc.

We call it "Mike's Chop Shop".

I sharpen the knives and he helps me skin and butcher the deer.

I'll take the ground in if I want sausage or brats.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a local smoke shop in town and even during december(their busiest time it's only 2-3 weeks tops. But usually less then 2 and average is 1 week.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    I have a local smoke shop in town and even during december(their busiest time it's only 2-3 weeks tops. But usually less then 2 and average is 1 week.[8D]

Sounds like the one down south that I use. I hope to do my own this season. When I built the new garage I had processing in mind. My only problem will be early season when its warm if I shoot one down south. If I shoot one at home no problem. OOOhhhhhhhhh I cant wait for season. 6 months 1 day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can't wait?

How do you think I feel?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    You can't wait?

How do you think I feel?

Like a giddy school girl! [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nailed it!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Holy crap thats a long time usally 5 days when I do it my self
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    70 bucks I get mine back in two days. If its a small one I do it myself. Rich whats that dude doing ageing the meat.[:0][:D]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I usually do the first 3 or 4 of the year. Then I start to get burned out. There is a pretty good place right down by my lease that I can take them to. $50 and about 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    We do all of ours ourselves. My son, a friend and me. We did 6 last year.
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag

Sounds like the one down south that I use. I hope to do my own this season. When I built the new garage I had processing in mind. My only problem will be early season when its warm if I shoot one down south. If I shoot one at home no problem. OOOhhhhhhhhh I cant wait for season. 6 months 1 day.

I hear ya bang. The smoke house I mentioned has been in business since 1895. They also make their own you name it and it's the best I've ever had. It's an old german smoke house and you know how they love brats ect. [:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    70 bucks I get mine back in two days. If its a small one I do it myself. Rich whats that dude doing ageing the meat.[:0][:D]

Not sure man. I can tell you it is a fairly small place, family ran. And Holy cow this meat is good. I think I'm gonna have to say it was worth the wait. My Jalopena (sp?) and cheese sticks are almost gone.