In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dry moutherd?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone turkey hunting in PA, or indianna or even listening in ohio for gobblers? I haven't heard any and I'm in ohio near Pittsburgh.

Comments

• Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I lived in Pittsburg from '01 until '05. It was my experience that the turkeys were pretty closed mouthed until about May 15th. The lone exception was '03 when it got warm pretty early. That year they were almost done breeding by the time that the season opened.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It started out in april like 60 degrees the first few days, now it's lucky to get out of the 40's lately. it seems the temp will break for opening week though, blue skies and 60's is projected.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    They might start in then. What seemed to work for me if they were quiet was getting close to the roosting area and using tree calls and soft putts. They will probably gobble coming off the roost, but then not make another sound as they sneak up on you, so be ready and have your head on a swivel.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since I work nights, it's hard for me to get up at the crack of dawn to listen for birds here in southern Indiana. But I know my buddies have been hearing them and I was fishing last week in the evening and heard on all fired up! Our season opens next week![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine opens next monday, I'm dying for it lol. I have missed it...turkey hunting > deer hunting in my book [^]