In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Youth Season

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Headin out tomorrow with my buddy, he's 17, he has never shot a turkey before. So I decided I would embrace him into the great sport haha. I'll keep ya guys posted on how we do!

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Let us know and good luck.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got out there a little late(6:10). Got to the top where they roost heard a bird within 100 yards so we sat down and began calling, the bird shutup and flew down in the opposite direction. Didn't hear another bird until about 8:30 a bird was going crazy about 300 yards in a valley, had him come to about 100-150 yards and he wouldn't commit, hard day for my buddy being his first time and all. He really enjoyed it though.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A.Gun
    Got out there a little late(6:10). Got to the top where they roost heard a bird within 100 yards so we sat down and began calling, the bird shutup and flew down in the opposite direction. Didn't hear another bird until about 8:30 a bird was going crazy about 300 yards in a valley, had him come to about 100-150 yards and he wouldn't commit, hard day for my buddy being his first time and all. He really enjoyed it though.
    Cool glad to see ya had a good time..