In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Turkey decoy mod

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is a picture of my latest decoy mod. Looks better in person than it does in this pic. Amazing what a Buckwing decoy, duct tape, and an old fan can do.
Jake001.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around here I would be scared to take that to the woods. In the fall season we are allowed to use high power rifles, and some of these old boys will shoot from several hndred yards at a turkey, then if they hit it and if it has a beard they take it in ... Scares the crap out of me...

Ok please enter me in the giveaway for this turkey [:D]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I win no one else entered ... [:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I guess I win no one else entered ... [:o)]

Hey now...I didn't say I was giving away anything...I still need it.[:D] I sat in the blind today in the early morning hours. Sat 17 legal birds within 20 yards, and me with no camera! 10 jakes and 7 toms! I hope they do the same on Thursday morning.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I saw a tom yesterday in my backyard, he would not wait for me to go in the house and get my shotgun, so silly of me to have not taken it on the tractor with me as I was mowing .... [:)] I need a gun rack..[:D]

Was just joking about winning your decoy...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I saw a tom yesterday in my backyard, he would not wait for me to go in the house and get my shotgun, so silly of me to have not taken it on the tractor with me as I was mowing .... [:)] I need a gun rack..[:D]

Was just joking about winning your decoy...

I know you were Dave... Just having some fun. Funny how the turkeys seem to know when they are safe, or you are not ready. Good luck. I start on Thursday.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1