In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lurker

NUguyinCrewNUguyinCrew Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get a little more active in posting in this forum. Its not exaclty a busy day at work so I thought I would go ahead and post since Ive been meaning to for months now.

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum.

Introduce yourself, man.

what area of Illinois are you from?

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Originally from Oakland but I live in Urbana now. Still hunt mostly down there or around Clinton lake. Deer and carp are my two species for bow only anyway right now. Got a PSE Triton and a very old Hoyt (no loyalties anywhere on that front) with no let off for bowfishing. Im not sure what else to put in here. I do hang out with bang on occasion and let him try and kill himself on my dirt bike.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was beginning to like you until you said that you hang out with Bang![xx(] and the "no loyalties" to Hoyt crack![xx(][xx(]

I guess just the same welcome![^][:o)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I meant more about no loyalties to bow brands in general. As long as it puts meat on my table (carp excluded) its ok in my book. The Hoyt was the first bow I ever killed a deer with back in 95 but as far as Im concerned, my PSE is alright by me. I shot Bang's bow and if I shot it any more Id probably have to buy me a switchback too.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NUguyinCrew
    I shot Bang's bow and if I shot it any more Id probably have to buy me a switchback too.

Atta boy, Thats what we like to hear...[:D] Sorry I missed the bowfishin'Sat. but I was with the kids most the day anyway.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good times man, good times. All except my hangover but after shootin at a few carp it went away. Hopefully next time you can make it.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the circus[:o)]

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Enjoy your stay.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][:0]A lurker?[:0][:0][:0]

Welcome to the forum. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good times man, good times. All except my hangover but after shootin at a few carp it went away. Hopefully next time you can make it.

Speakin of hangovers, I can't believe I dont have one this morning. That rum was just about enough to push me over the edge. On another note, we should get together with bows soon and do some shootin'.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We do need to get some shootin in. I need to bring out both bows (deer and carp) for some practice. Somehow I need to sink a piece of old foam target under about 2ft of water with a brick and shoot at it because apparently Im handicapped in guessing the real angle to shoot carp at. There are the actual carp targets that have neutral bouyancy but theyre like $70 or something. Anyplace out there that we might be able to sink a target in besides a horse trough?
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum! Best knowledge base for guns, archery and BS on the Net! [:p]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I shot Bang's bow and if I shot it any more Id probably have to buy me a switchback too.

Atta boy, Thats what we like to hear...[:D] Sorry I missed the bowfishin'Sat. but I was with the kids most the day anyway.

You gota love those Switchback.Ever try the Drenalin? WOW
    Welcome aborad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I may have a place we could go do that. It'll have to wait til I'm out of the field or its wet. I will need to call ahead also to see if its ok. I have a friend that lives on a small lake and has a dock that runs out a little ways. OR if you wanted to take an hours drive the outlaws live on a lake also. I know we can do it there. I hesitate to call the first person cause she'll buy us beer and make us drink it...... and she also has a little shed she wants me to tear down.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sounds like it would be perfect for a little practice...you just need your set up for bowfishing ready. How little is little? You could just take your big coyote chaser over there and run it over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sounds like it would be perfect for a little practice...you just need your set up for bowfishing ready. How little is little? You could just take your big coyote chaser over there and run it over.

I saw another yote yesterday from the cab of the tractor. He was well within bow range. I wonder if you can use a tractor for a blind, they sure dont seem to mind a tractor.[:D]