In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nyala?

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
David's best friend just got back from a hunt in Argentina and now wants to goto South Africa on a hunt. He asked David and I to go but I know nothing about Nyala but would I be wrong to say I doubt there would be any need to take my bow?

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    yes! you should! It's an antelope, and you'd be very capable of killing it. I think they're smaller than elks...like kind of muley size.

I've shot me quite a few. (video 3-d of course)

Ben
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    yes! you should! It's an antelope, and you'd be very capable of killing it. I think they're smaller than elks...like kind of muley size.

Ben

Do you think I would be getting within bow range? He is paying for the trip and I dont want to ask him too many questions and seem ungrateful. Honestly I think it would be cool to get one with a bow, but I am just stoked about going to Africa.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

Ben

Do you think I would be getting within bow range? He is paying for the trip and I dont want to ask him too many questions and seem ungrateful. Honestly I think it would be cool to get one with a bow, but I am just stoked about going to Africa.

yeah. they hunt at watering holes, right? Isn't that akin to hunting addicts from the porch of a crackhouse?

Ben
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Ben

yeah. they hunt at watering holes, right? Isn't that akin to hunting addicts from the porch of a crackhouse?

Ben

lol lol ben.

your best bet is going to be to contact to actual outfitter and talk with the PH. the PH and PH alone will be the person that can give you ACCURATE and RELIABLE info....IF you will be able to get within bow range. my guess would be yes, like ben said watering holes... best of luck.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1

Ben

I hope this guy would think you were an idiot if you diddent ask questions about an animal your going to hunt reguardless whos paying for the trip. here is some ifo on the wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyala