In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Proud Dad Update

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
He ended up 12th out of 37.

My son just qualified for state in the high jump. He is in the 6th grade and got 2nd at sectionals against @ 15 teams. The kid that beat him is on our squad and is in the 7th grade. Will is the only 6th grader on our squad to qualify. They, the 6th graders, competed on the 7th grade squad all year. He also ended up 2nd in the conference behind our 7th grader. I know that he will not make it far at state since we are a small school, but I am very proud of him. It is a big honor for him just to go. They only take the top two. BTW, he cleared 4'10", and got out at 5'. I'm sure that there will be kids there that will go over 5'3". Update, They also won the sectional by 2 points, they beat the team that beat them at conference.

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats to him! It is always a great thing to see your children succeed.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats i hope he proves you wrong and wins but if he don't we are proud of him anyways
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ladyhunter
    congrats i hope he proves you wrong and wins but if he don't we are proud of him anyways

I am super proud of him. I just know that there will be kids jumping at least 6" higher than he can.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cool! Hope he does well at state!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    awsome best wishes to your son.[;)]
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

I am super proud of him. I just know that there will be kids jumping at least 6" higher than he can.

Just let him know that he should try his best, but not to forget to relish the experience. There are not that many kids who ever get to go to a state tournament, of any kind. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment. Congrats to him. You are lucky to have such a great son, and he is lucky to have a such a great father.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

Just let him know that he should try his best, but not to forget to relish the experience. There are not that many kids who ever get to go to a state tournament, of any kind. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment. Congrats to him. You are lucky to have such a great son, and he is lucky to have a such a great father.

Got the stats today. They have him at 15th out of 37 in the state. No matter what he is the 37th best out of the state. That in itself is great. The big question is that he is only in the 6th grade and is jumping against 7th graders. Even if he finishes in the 20's or 30's, he still might be in the top 5 for 6th graders. Only time will tell what his body does and if he can do it again next year or will he be to big. He is already 5"10 150lbs.