In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Finding Draw Length

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
I told my son that if he gets straight A's at the end of the quarter I would get him a new bow. Is there a way that I can measure his draw length fairly accurately at home?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    here ya go cheif
    www.bows.net/howtomeasure.htm
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Thanks for the link.
    your welcome[:)] Good deal for your son. boy your tough straight A's[8)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Thanks for the link.
    your welcome[:)] Good deal for your son. boy your tough straight A's[8)]

He capable of it. If he was only capable of straight c's, than the same would apply. I might even let a B slip by.[;)]
    edited November -1
    We measured him tonight. He is 29"! He is only 12. He is almost at my draw length. I wish that the Mathews LX I have was a lighter pull or I would let him shoot it. I could switch it to 40-50 or still sell it and get him another bow. With the LX though, It has a short brace height. I was wanting something a little longer. Trying to stay around $300.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talk to your Mathews dealer. You can get limbs for your LX for a lot less than $300.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We measured him tonight. He is 29"! He is only 12. He is almost at my draw length. I wish that the Mathews LX I have was a lighter pull or I would let him shoot it. I could switch it to 40-50 or still sell it and get him another bow. With the LX though, It has a short brace height. I was wanting something a little longer. Trying to stay around $300.

One thing about all these draw length charts and formulas is that they are almost always long. In order to have a 29" draw your son needs to be 6 foot or taller.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

One thing about all these draw length charts and formulas is that they are almost always long. In order to have a 29" draw your son needs to be 6 foot or taller.

Or have monkey arms. [:D]

I measured at a shop and was 29. Shooting 28 now, WAY more comfortable than the 29 I had been shooting.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's what they did to me.

I measured 30", he cut them down to 29. He said I'd like it better.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1
    He measured the same that I am.