In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I decided

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
This past friday I was sitting here at work and I thought, I haven't been here much for the last 3 weeks, only a couple hrs a day every other day. Why would I want to start working on a Friday. So I left went home and got my bow out and did a little back yard shooting. Been practicing shooting with both eyes open. I can see the arrow travel much better than with one closed. Only had a couple times that I had to close one eye to get focused. Most the time as soon as I pulled back it was there.
On another note anyone have any idea how to practice with a bowfishin set up. I haven't got the goodies for the bow yet but will be before long. Still trying to decided what kind of reel deal to get.

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the both eyes open thing. Something that screws with me. I can shoot both eyes open all day long with out a hitch shooting indoor. However, when I get out in the woods, shooting 3D, its really hard sometimes with other things in the environment moving around and such.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I cant I neet to close one eye. heck I shoot bettr with both eyes closed[:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I'd like to see that! Do we have a volunteer to hold the apple on their head? [;)]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

I'd like to see that! Do we have a volunteer to hold the apple on their head? [;)]

My dads widow has volunteered. [}:)]
  • Options
    NUguyinCrewNUguyinCrew Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im telling ya, for both eyes open you need to get a no peep.

http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation/00-TimberLine-NoPeep.html

When its still legal but little light left, nothing hurt my vision more than trying to line up a peep sight. Im sold on the no peep after a season of using it.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been shooting everything with both eyes open for 15 years now. Rifle, bow shotgun... they all shoot better for me when I can see more. It helps to have a strong dominent eye. Lots of practice helps too. Just what we all need... an excuse to shoot more!