In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paper tuning

mike992mike992 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
I had my BowTech all set and ready. The WB that came with it was black and I had a camo one on my old LX so I changed it to make BowTech look better. Know I am having problems paper tuning it. I am sure that I will get it, but it really pi55ed me off tonight. I got it to hit where I wanted it to, but I had a tial wag. When I put it on the paper, it just seemed like I was chasing my tail. Maybe a fresher mind will help tomorrow. If not it is back to the bow shop. BTW, I was not drinking when I did this. I started after I found out that it was not happening.[:D]

Comments

• mike992mike992 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How far away from the paper is a good distance when paper tuning a bow? Thanks
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10 feet and work your way back to 10 yards or so. Sometimes the perfect tune at 10 feet doesn't show problems that happen farther back.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I start with paper at 8 feet. Then walk back tune to as far as my bale allows. It is mostly personal preference. Some say paper tuning is outdated and only use a laser. I prefer to use all of the methods. It works because I can shoot any 100gr tip off my bow and get perfect results.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I start with paper at 8 feet. Then walk back tune to as far as my bale allows. It is mostly personal preference. Some say paper tuning is outdated and only use a laser. I prefer to use all of the methods. It works because I can shoot any 100gr tip off my bow and get perfect results.

Walk back tuning is something that more hunters need to to do. It is really interesting to see the results.
  • Beer gutBeer gut Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the bow shop I help out at we start at 2 or three feet then once tuned at that distane maybe move back to 10 feet. Not to affend anyone but I think its pointless unless you have a wobbly arrow flight or are a spot shooter with a target bow. have someone watch your arrow flight from directly behind you if it looks straight and smooth it probably is.