In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

North American hunter

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Has anoone else gotten a package from North American hunter asking you to feild test new products? I got one not sure if they are just blanket sending them picking certain people. With that said how the heck would they know me.. they say if you agree to feuild test their new products and write an honest review you get to keep the tested product.. Has anyone else got this ????

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    A few years back. Just a way to get you to subscribe to their mag. Not a bad mag. though.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was part of the North american fishing club, same people as the hunter club. It was really a way to sell you stuff. Once you subscribed to there stuff they would send books and other things, books you had to send back, ect. The fishing magazine was decent, but it wasn't worth the hassle. I did get to try out an item that was supposed to help put line on your reels, it didn't work. That was the only item I got in the 2 or 3 years I was subscribed. I didn't renew due to all the stuff they send. But if your willing to get through all the crap, its really not a bad price for a decent magazine.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a yearly member of the club for about 2 years before they really started with the letter and phone campaine to get me to join as a life member. I turned them down a couple of times as they were offering a leather jacket as part of the deal. (I already had 2 so I wasn't interested) Then on one call I told them if they lowered the price they could keep the jacket. I liked the magazine so I joined. Got 4 or 5 items to "field test" in the first couple of years, all were usefull but not valuable (and there were no charges, you have to send them the "review" back or they don't sent you anything else.) Been a member for about 10 years and just last month they sent me a silver coin, part of a 14-15 piece set, not interested, but they sent the return postage in the same packet so I was only out the time to check the block and put it into the mailbox. AS I said this was the only time they sent something I didn't ask for or want.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I am in the hunting club. I have never recieved anything to field test yet. I did when I was in the fishin club though. I'm with shoff they send a bunch of stuff that has to be sent back or they charge you for it. In fact I'm lookin at a calander that I forgot to send back. that cost me $26. for a freakin calander. The mag is ok.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I am in the hunting club. I have never recieved anything to field test yet. I did when I was in the fishin club though. I'm with shoff they send a bunch of stuff that has to be sent back or they charge you for it. In fact I'm lookin at a calander that I forgot to send back. that cost me $26. for a freakin calander. The mag is ok.
    Thanks for the insight. Kinda what I figured no-one gives ya anything for free.26 dollar calander ouch. [;)]
  • Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm also a member. They send me books and say that if I don't want it I have to send it back or pay for it.

FYI- You don't have to pay for anything they send to you unsolicited. Even though they say you have to send it back or pay for it, by law, you don't.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    hmmm. Wish I would have know before the calander. [:D] Hey buckey if you want to join I just got a deal in the mail, if I sign up a friend I get a free knife with a gut hook. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    hmmm. Wish I would have know before the calander. [:D] Hey buckey if you want to join I just got a deal in the mail, if I sign up a friend I get a free knife with a gut hook. [;)]
    Yea with my guts on the hook[B)][:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have bin a life member since 1987 and never gotten anything to try from them.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several years ago, I was a member for two or three years. I never got anything to test and was ALWAYS getting crap mailed to me. I don't have anything positive to say about them. You'll get books and crap about once a month. Not worth it to me!
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a Life Member - nothing major but I have field tested 3 products so far. As part of a member's benefit, you can sign up as a field tester at ...

http://huntingclub.com/Member_Benefits/Field_tests/Index.asp

Still waiting to field test those pricey gotta have it toys [:p]!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX
    I am a Life Member - nothing major but I have field tested 3 products so far. As part of a member's benefit, you can sign up as a field tester at ...

http://huntingclub.com/Member_Benefits/Field_tests/Index.asp

Still waiting to field test those pricey gotta have it toys [:p]!!!
    Thats the one they sent me saying I wold be feildtesting rain gear. gps all kinds of stuff like that sounds like they get a life member and let ya test a handwarmer.[:o)]