In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barnett Crossbows Which to keep?

VA Farmer1VA Farmer1 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hello,
Iam a newcomer. I have just recently been given 2 crossbows, what a dilemma, right? If only that worked with raises and vacations. Both are Barnett, and both are some of the fastest out there at 345 fps. Both are compound, 150 lb. Both are synthetic with camo finish. One is called the Revolution, which is more like a traditional gunstock with a monte carlo style stock, and the other is a Quad 400 which has a tactical shape stock. Both have a lifetime warranty. Both came with manual sights, the Quad looks more suited for a good scope though. The one that I opened is the Revolution. I have shot this thing about 30 times(minus sighting) What an accurate shot! Nothing like shooting a bow. My question is which to keep and which one to sell? Anyone out there have thoughts as to which one is best? Anyone out there want either of the two, I'll keep the other one!

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wow! They both look to be real nice crossbows. Tough choice there. I can't use crossbow but out of curiosity what would you want for the Quad 400? They appear to be built pretty similar. Not sure you would do wrong keeping either one.
    Welcome to the forum.

http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/_csoon/rev-quad_web_pdf.pdf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't know really what I would have to have. I have opened the box to make sure all the stuff is there, but have not assembled the x-bow. I see them going for around 300 on ebay. I would let it go for 240.00 + whatever shipping would be. If someone wanted the Revolution, I would have to get 270.00, just cause it retails higher, and I know for a fact that it is as accurate as anything I have shot! One note, the Quad came with a quiver that I took out to use(so I wouldnt have a broadhead accident. The quiver will go with whichever one sells, but it has a mount for the Quad. I do not know if it will mount to the Revolution. The quad also has a stock knockout for an optional crank device. This would prove handy for someone who cannot pull back 150 lb draw, I guess. They are compound, so once you get it about 1/2 way back, you have exerted all the force you are going to to cock it.
    Look out, Bambi! It is ON!!! I have been practicing with 125 gr. broadheads(3 blade, BTW) and I have no doubt that if I get a clean one up to 70yds, you can put'er in the freezer. There is one spot that I have found, ideal, that I have already taken a pole saw to. Cut my lanes out early. And the deer are thick as a milkshake on this plot. It is close by the house as well, in fact, I can take my shot, go get the tractor with a boom pole in about 5 min, and hang and dress in one spot(provided this deer isn't an Uber-mag that runs for two miles)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cant promise anything but I made a phone call for you to a guy that may have an interest. Let you know when I hear something.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool, I have a couple of guys at work who have expressed interest,also. I was wondering if anyone else uses a x-bow for whitetail. I'll do a search. Just interested in the topic in general. You guys hunt turkey with bow/x-bow? The Revolution seems like it certainly has the accuracy, maybe with a "Guilutine" tip.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just talked to him and unfortunately he can't do it now. His wife is having some health issues and is buried in medical bills. I wish I had the extra for him he said the Revolution was the one he was lookin' at.
    Here in Illinois you have to have a medical card to use xbow or be over 65 (as of this year). So I have no experience with them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, the Revolution is the one tht is opened and has been fired about 30 times. It is still in like new condition, in fact, I haven't taken the stickers off of the arms yet. Man, you have got to get yourself a cheaper one if the opportunity presents itself. They are Tack Drivers at about 30-40 yards, and you can still get 2-3 in groups up to 65-70 yards.
    Anyway, Iguess it wouldn't serve to have one if you can't hunt it. I believe the only advantange it would serve is, with practice, you take out alot of the "shot difficulty" that you get with a comp or recurve bow. You still gotta worry about brush, and nerves. But you are gonna be able to cock and leave it alone. So when the monster comes weaving his way thru the saplings, you raise ol painless up, click the safety off and track him for a good shot. No excessive movement in drawing the bow back, and no feeling like you arm are gonna drop off if you have to hold on target till you get the shot you want. More like rifle hunting, during bow season.
    What size is avg whitetail out there, or do ya'll even have'm?
    do you guys hunt turkey, and with regular bows?
    Good talkin' at ya, bang. BTW, my real name is Rob.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    average size? I don't really know. Here are some pics of my best 2 bucks and a friend of mines. the second pic, he was 154 lbs dressed and without a head.
    I've taken shots at turkey with a bow but haven't connected. Good talkin with you too, stick around and post often.

DSC00050.jpg
    buck06.jpg
    Janelles10ptshotgun2006003.jpg