In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1 week is now 0, days +3

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Well I quit working today, for a little while I will be unemployed. Our big move to California is next week. I am not looking forward to 3.5 days on the road. Driving both a box truck and a car out there. My truck is getting shipped, and should leave Thursday or Friday.

What really sucks when we get out there is one, I will be busy. Well I don't think busy is the correct word. Right now I have interviews every day after we get out there, unpacking, getting settled with the crazy California laws and then my wife is leaving on Sunday for two weeks in Peoria.

we are off tomorrow for the long drive, ugh. I will make sure I take lots of pictures on the way and pictures of women flashing their tities. Ok, maybe not that last part. ;)

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you and try to keep your wife out of Big Al's[:D]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe I missed it, but why you moving to california? Do you know how expensive it is to live there? Not just property,gas and food but taxes too.
    Anyway good luck Shoff!!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Maybe I missed it, but why you moving to california? Do you know how expensive it is to live there? Not just property,gas and food but taxes too.
    Anyway good luck Shoff!!

My wife accepted a job with Caterpillar back in September. We found out where we are going in April. She is in a logistics developmental program, or aka the road to upper management. The stint in california will only be for a year or so. So I really don't mind following her. I won't have trouble finding a job as a programmer/fixture designer/machinist so I am not really worried about my job. When her stint with the developmental program is done, then we can find a place for me to finish my 4 year degree and her MBA. She wants to work for a big company, thats fine with me.

I am really proud of her for getting a job like this, there are exactly 4 other people that received jobs like this with CAT, yeah just 4. They massive number of people they interviewed is in the thousands, she went for interviews twice, there were 40 people at the last set of interviews. Just an estimate, but they probably spent close to 10,000 per person they interviewed there. She won't get fired or let go if she does what she is supposed to, and that is learn. The money is really good! But that is what you get when you graduate from one of the top engineering schools in the nation with higher then a 3.0.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahh ok Shoff, sounds like you and your wife have a very promising career/life ahead of you. Congrats!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Best of luck, I dont envy the road trip... just take it slow and easy be settled b/4 ya know it.... My cousin carolyn lives in california She is the corporate director for safeway foods. there are some good jobs but dont know if I would like to live in calafornia. any way I wish you both all the best.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Honk when you pass thru. Have a safe trip.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hate to see ya leave. When you get back(if) I still owe you a fishing trip.

Take care Pal, keep in touch.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    be cool shoff. keep out of the clink. california is a different animal, and even well-meaning rednecks can find themselves in lockup.[;)]

oh, and also nice catch on the sugar-mama![:p]

Ben
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well we are in California now. Been really busy with interviews and such. And was able to get a job offer to day which I excepted. I will be a CNC programmer and fixture designer. [:D]