In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone use a No Flash game cam?

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking of upgrading my game cam to a no flash. I'd like to spend as little as possible and was looking at the Moultrie 4.0 mp. I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone is using one yet.

Oh yeah, mathews still suc![:D]

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I'm thinking of upgrading my game cam to a no flash. I'd like to spend as little as possible and was looking at the Moultrie 4.0 mp. I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone is using one yet.

Go to hags house all kind of camera info I am building one now. sony 6 meg awsome pix

Oh yeah, mathews still suc![:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    From what I have read, I'm with buckey, it seems the homebuilt cams are way better than store bought for less money. I've seen some outstanding clarity out of homebrews.

Soon as buckey builds me one I'll check it out and let you know. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    From what I have read, I'm with buckey, it seems the homebuilt cams are way better than store bought for less money. I've seen some outstanding clarity out of homebrews.

Soon as buckey builds me one I'll check it out and let you know. [:D]
    Gonna put it together and Hack it at lunch today.

"Oh yea Slash still bites the big donkey bo-wang"[:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    May I ask how much you have wrapped up in this one? Could it have been done cheaper? How hard was it to put together. The pics from the homebrews I've seen are soooo much clearer and sharper than any purchased models, I would like to try to build one someday.
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a Stealth Cam. A No-flash can be bought for like 180 bucks. I have one and i love it. Gonna try to get a few more. Pics are clear. Maybe not crystal clear like a super high dollar camera but heck, walmart has them. Get one of those. I think they are 3.0 or something mega pixel camers.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    May I ask how much you have wrapped up in this one? Could it have been done cheaper? How hard was it to put together. The pics from the homebrews I've seen are soooo much clearer and sharper than any purchased models, I would like to try to build one someday.
    $250.00 and it blows the cuddleback away. its all how cheap you can find a camera the res of the kit is about 100 bucks and includes everything. hacking the camera was a little tricky but not hard its just that they are so small soldering was a trip other than thatawsome pix I set it up in the hall at work today worked good going to do a bit more testing the off to D JUNGLE she goes.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KrisW
    Get a Stealth Cam. A No-flash can be bought for like 180 bucks. I have one and i love it. Gonna try to get a few more. Pics are clear. Maybe not crystal clear like a super high dollar camera but heck, walmart has them. Get one of those. I think they are 3.0 or something mega pixel camers. they look clear till you compare them to a home brew. rich you saw the difference[:0]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason Buckey's first respone isn't showing up on my computer?

See, even my computer knows "matheletes" are full of it... Now if I can get it to do the same with Bang!

Anywho, I don't trust myself with the homebrew. I don't know enough about eletronics. I went ahead and ordered a Moultrie 4.0 MP no flash from Cabelas. Price was on the low end for no flashes and several of my buddies have had great luck with Moultries. I was actually looking at a Stealh Cam. I've used a 35 mm SC for several years with no problems but the Moultrie beat the SC in almost eery catagory. Installed memory, info stamped on pic, and price was the same. I'll let everyone know how it does! Thanks for the responses!