In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arrow tip questions .....

EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
Howdy folks .....[:)] Yep I am still here, still having problems with the fool on the phone. So I just dont post very much.

I do have a real good question though, My brother was shooing his bow. Dialed in with field tips, when he changed to broad heads the point of impact dropped almost two feet at 30 yds. The tips are the same wieght, allready checked them. So any ideas as to why they would drop so short. They group well but he was wanting to take arrows with both tips when hunting so the feild tips could be used for rabbits.

Next question ...... Why do the broadheads "wobble" when you spin the shaft? I know they are not in the center of the shaft. Anyway to fix them? He is saying the end of the tip moves in a 1/4 in circle when spun.

Any ideas will be passed along, any smartelec replys will be laughed at[8D]

Thanks, David.
Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    If they weight the same then I'm stumped.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    If they weight the same then I'm stumped.
    Your stupid he said the broadheads wobble they are bent they will plane no fix buy new broadhead and let her rip..

Hey stupid whats shaking baby!!!!![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually, dummy, he said...ah nevermind

anim_nana-1.gif

Not much up here, going to pick up my first keg for the kegerator in about an hour. Having a party Sat. Why don't ya fly out? [:D]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1

anim_nana-1.gif

Not much up here, going to pick up my first keg for the kegerator in about an hour. Having a party Sat. Why don't ya fly out? [:D]

Bang I'll be over to help taste test.[:D]
    I agree with that they are not balanced. He also could tune the broad head to the arrow by lining up the blades with the vanes. On a side note, I think that here in IL it is illegal to hunt with field tips.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway

anim_nana-1.gif

Bang I'll be over to help taste test.[:D]
    I agree with that they are not balanced. He also could tune the broad head to the arrow by lining up the blades with the vanes. On a side note, I think that here in IL it is illegal to hunt with field tips.

Come on over, Down, up or what ever it may be from your local to mine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HMMMMM I'm seriously thinking about it, I Thik it would be pretty cool to fly to Illinois for the sole purpose of attending a keg party. dont think the wife will let that happen not the party part she would mind but the $$$$$$ to get there,[B)] Thats what I would get when I got home.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the hijack dave!

buckey get on a plane I'll pick you up at the airport. It's not to far away
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D] no porblem
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave
    Sounds like it could be one or more of the following going on...

Bent arrows. I replied to your ? about alum. arrows. They bend easily and adding the BH to the front makes them fly off course.

Bent BH. As stated above try some different ones.

Bow out of tune. Both timing and rest could make what you describe.

Are all the BH arrows hitting the same place? If so I would start with the bow and then go to the arrows. You should be able to make it work if you just get the rest square with the string.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the hijack dave!

buckey get on a plane I'll pick you up at the airport. It's not to far away
    Ok be there at 6:00 pm[:D][:D] I wish