In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My wife is now an addict

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Now I went and did it. I got my wife a bow last week because she wanted to spend more time with me, and try something new. I picked up a Mission X3 as it seemed to be the best bow for the money at the local pro shop. It is 27.5" (she is 5'11") with 50lb limbs. Right now the draw weight is turned down to 37lbs, but she is comfortable with that for now, and will likely be turning it up soon. On the bow I put a QAD Ultra Rest, Cobra Sidewinder sight, and an s-coil stabilizer. She took over my TruBall Trail Boss release and I have her shooting some of my old GT XT Hunter arrows for now (her new ones are on order). I know Man Law.but it's a woman's bow. Pictures will come maybe on Monday.

She had shot in the past with her father growing up with an old Jennings, so the fundamentals were there. She shot on the target range on Thursday and did well. Saturday was her first ever 3-D shoot. It was 30 targets and she managed to pull off a 202. Some of the targets had 12's on some didn't so I can't call it a 320 course. More like 316 possible. She did sacrifice 2 arrows to the river. There was a buck on the shore of the river at 40 yards. She wanted to shoot from the long stake, and shot the first arrow under the target. The second went the same place. It would have been a good group, just in the wrong place. She had a good time and can't wait for the next shoot.

Only bad part now I have to share my archery budget. Not that it is all bad.

Like I said pictures to follow on Monday.

Comments