In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bowtech Hush Kit

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
Anyone use it? I work part time at the Sportsman's Warehouse (mainly for the discount [:D]) and was walking through the archery area. I decided I needed some String silencers. BowTech's Hush kit has a Cable Rod Silencer, String and Cable Leeches, and limb silencers.

Anyone have any experience with it? Can I serve in my own leeches or do I need the shop to do it?
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Enos has the kit on his Bowtech. Not sure how much he gets online anymore tho.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How hard is it to serve them in? The kit came with the braided string to do it.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful with the string leeches. The standard or 'new' model has been know to go flying, including hitting people in the face. I use the 'old' model of them, which is also the crossbow model. I haven't heard any complaints with these.

You also don't serve them in. You just need to split the bow string and slide them in, you need a vise to loosen up the string though, which I know sportsman has.

edit: I didn't see that they gave you string. That must be to keep them from coming out. You shouldn't need to tie them in all that well. Wrap it around some, tie it under, and cut the extra off. Use the last 3 or 4 rounds around the bow string to tie it, slide the string under those, pull tight.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    my diamond(by bowtech) is equipped with the hush kit, but when i bought it, it was already on...
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I have a BowTech that has the Hush kit. It seems to work just as well as the LimbSaver products. The science is the same. Using rubber to absorb and dissapate vibration.
    The serving is to keep the string silencers from sliding up (or down) the string. They don't work like the LimbSavers leeches. They go around the string, similar to a nock (hence the comment about them flying off occasionally). The good thing about the whole kit is that it installs (or removes) very easily. No tools. I would check to see if the limbs on your bow are about the same size as the ones one a Diamond or BowTech. This is due to the fact that the silencers that go on the limbs go around the limbs instead of sticking to them. If your limbs are smaller, they will be loose and won't work. Not to mention, they won't stay put.
    My advice is if you can get it for less than what it would cost to by all the same things from LimbSavers and the limbs on your bow are about the same size, then I would buy it.
  • Options
    TalentedTalented Member Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talking bout Diamond or my Raptor.Where do i fill in my guarantee ?
    At Bowtech or ?