In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

home brew game cam

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I just finished my first homebrew game cam s\cost about 250 all together a little wiring and soldering. Takes awsome pix I will post as soon as I get some game shots gonna try and get thet big buck in velvet,, any one want any info on the homebrew let me know..

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Moultrie from Cabelas (I'll come back to that) so I'm not interested in building one now but I'd like to know what you used for a waterproof housing. My buddies were looking at making one some time back and couldn't really come up with a good case for the whole thing. Is it a "white flash" or "no flash"? And did you read my post on the No flash? I'd like to know what you think.

Post lots of pics.

As for the Moutrie cam! We all love them and they take great pics. The one down side came as me and a buddy were attaching mine to a very small tree. (the only one in the area I could attach it to) and the plastic housing that holds the strap broke. Cabelas is replacing it and I should have it this Mon or Tues. I think I've designed a bar to fix this problem.... And I won't let that buddy help my hang my cam again![;)] That is the only negative I have about the Moultrie cams!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    You can get the pellican water tite boxes here.

www.whitetailsupply.com
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the moultrie cam also and your right about the mounting "system", it sucks. Other than that its been trouble free for over a year now. Couldn't ask for a better camera for the $.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    I've got the moultrie cam also and your right about the mounting "system", it sucks. Other than that its been trouble free for over a year now. Couldn't ask for a better camera for the $.
    well post some photos and you will see the difference.[:p] not that store bought are not ok they are. but the picture quality is much better with the home brew.. By the way why cant you modify the mount drill two holes mount eye bolts and get a python lock you will be very satisfied[;)] I will post photos soon i am doing last testing on home brew cam going into the field next week stay tuned..
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    ICAM0118.jpg
    ICAM0048.jpg
    ICAM0047.jpg
    Wow i'm Impressed those are pretty darn clear pix awsome what model moultree is that I may even pick up a couple.[;)][;)][:p]
    Here is an example of a home brew photo
    PicturePerfectBuck1.jpg