In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

buckey- rage heads

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I have not shot the actual BH yet but have shot the practice head they supply with the heads. IMHO the practice head thus far, It does fly exactly like my FP. It also penatrates deeper than the FPs. Not sure why they are all 100 grn but it does by about 2 to 2-1/2 inches. The practice head does have a sound to it as it flys, not sure how to describe it, its NOT a whistle, but like just something moving at a high rate of speed threw the air. Like I said not real sure how to describe it. We'll see how the BHs do come season. The sound is not enough to turn me away from them, I think I will buy another pack. Thank you for sending them.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I have not shot the actual BH yet but have shot the practice head they supply with the heads. IMHO the practice head thus far, It does fly exactly like my FP. It also penatrates deeper than the FPs. Not sure why they are all 100 grn but it does by about 2 to 2-1/2 inches. The practice head does have a sound to it as it flys, not sure how to describe it, its NOT a whistle, but like just something moving at a high rate of speed threw the air. Like I said not real sure how to describe it. We'll see how the BHs do come season. The sound is not enough to turn me away from them, I think I will buy another pack. Thank you for sending them.
    Bang ask you bud if he wants that x force 575 just what i paid if not I will e bay and can most likly get 650... stay cool goof ball[;)][:D]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO Rage heads are junk!!! The ones I tried seemed to open at the slightest touch on a twig, branch or vine. I GAVE my package away. Won't try them again. I'll stick to my Vortex!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Your not suppose to hit a twig, vine or branch. Of course they opened.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Bang ask you bud if he wants that x force 575 just what i paid if not I will e bay and can most likly get 650... stay cool goof ball[;)][:D]

You have email.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    IMHO Rage heads are junk!!! The ones I tried seemed to open at the slightest touch on a twig, branch or vine. I GAVE my package away. Won't try them again. I'll stick to my Vortex!
    Duhh I hit a tree and it openes why is it everthing you have is wonderful and everthing everyone else has is junk or no good.....
    Hmmmmmm sounds like small BallPark Frank syndrome to me...[:0] talk to BOB and go back to the clubhouse and get you some enzyte.[B)][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Hmmmmmm sounds like small BallPark Frank syndrome to me...

Is that what you did with bang?[:0][xx(][:o)]

Maybe I should be a little more clear. The SLIGHtest touch with just about anything (except air, and I think that opened them once) would open the blades out of the retaining band. Even pulling them out of my quiver would move them. That's why I think they suck! quote: why is it everthing you have is wonderful and everthing everyone else has is junk or no good..... Hey, if they work for you, then go for it. I have an opinion just like everyone else and I know that a lot of people come on here looking for suggestions and OPINIONS on all types of gear from all of us. If you like them and I think they SUCK, so be it.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Hmmmmmm sounds like small BallPark Frank syndrome to me...

Is that what you did with bang?[:0][xx(][:o)]

Maybe I should be a little more clear. The SLIGHtest touch with just about anything (except air, and I think that opened them once) would open the blades out of the retaining band. Even pulling them out of my quiver would move them. That's why I think they suck! quote: why is it everthing you have is wonderful and everthing everyone else has is junk or no good..... Hey, if they work for you, then go for it. I have an opinion just like everyone else and I know that a lot of people come on here looking for suggestions and OPINIONS on all types of gear from all of us. If you like them and I think they SUCK, so be it.[;)]
    Ha Ha I new I could get a rise out of you[;)] I most likely will be sticking with my muzzy. Bang let me stay at his dads place for a week so I sent him a couple to try I dont know how good or bad they are.. Just razzing ya dude... Just to set the record stright bang and I are not gay.. were just happy[:D][:D] I feel like I still owe him so maybe I'll send him more stuff, but only if it gets arise out of you. Slash give me your adress and I will sent you a dougnut and a cup of coffee[:0] Bang, Bang[:D], Slash Your a resilent dude I am starting to have some respect for you .. You stick to your guns Gotta love that.[;)]
    edited November -1
    You don't owe me anything buckey. I was just helpin' some good people out.
    edited November -1
    quote:Slash give me your adress and I will sent you a dougnut and a cup of coffee

Thanks for the offer but I know how POed the post man gets with coffee leaking out of a package. Just buy the next guy with a badge you see a doughnut and we'll call it even! Tell ya what, rather than a doughnut, make it a low cal, low carb breakfast bar because we'er always full on doughnuts![:p][:D][:o)][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Slash give me your adress and I will sent you a dougnut and a cup of coffee

Thanks for the offer but I know how POed the post man gets with coffee leaking out of a package. Just buy the next guy with a badge you see a doughnut and we'll call it even! Tell ya what, rather than a doughnut, make it a low cal, low carb breakfast bar because we'er always full on doughnuts![:p][:D][:o)][:D]
    actually I just donated 50 bucks to the fop fraternal order of police they sent me a wallet card a sticker for my vehicke and a couple of days later a nice little plaque with a badge and noce scroll around it I will be more than happy to give it to you if you want it[;)]
    edited November -1
    I don't know if you used the 2 or 3 blade head but I have read many reviews from hunters on several(well 6 different forums anyway) different forums and the 2 blade does get a better rating than the 3. Majority say the 2 is more durable. So if you had the 3 I can see where you may have had some frustrations from what I have read anyway.
    Rage seems to be a very popular one this season. Tons of great reviews on the 2 blade and lots of people making the switch.
    edited November -1
    I don't know if you used the 2 or 3 blade head but I have read many reviews from hunters on several(well 6 different forums anyway) different forums and the 2 blade does get a better rating than the 3. Majority say the 2 is more durable. So if you had the 3 I can see where you may have had some frustrations from what I have read anyway.
    Rage seems to be a very popular one this season. Tons of great reviews on the 2 blade and lots of people making the switch.
    This is what I found on the 3 Blade......
    D&DH
    Posted: 7/2/2007 9:47:11 AM
    A defect has been discovered in the Rage 3-blade broadheads. The blades do not always fully deploy on products shipped between March 6 and May 31, 2007.

The defect may create performance issues of non-deployment or partial deployment. For this reason, all Rage 3-blade broadheads and replacement blades need to be replaced.

If you believe you have one of these defective models, you may return your broadheads to the place of purchase, or send them to the address below for a new product at no charge.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on sending them though some deer this year.[;)]