In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mathews Q2 - thinking of buying, need advice

coltnutzcoltnutz Member Posts: 206 ✭✭
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a used (barely used, almost new) Mathews Q2 bow for hunting mostly whitetail here in Pennsylvania.

It has been years since I hunted with a bow, recurve, and I thought I'd step back into it.

A friend has this bow for sale...comes with hard case, 18 new arrows, broadheads, stabilizer, sights, rest, quiver and release. I can snag it for $320 (can't tell you the name brands of all of the accessories). I was recently measured up at the local bow shop and I take a 28" draw. This bow is set for just that.

Although my message is limited with the info I'm providing, can anyone tell me their experiences with a Q2 and/or give some advice? I assume the pricing on this package is a good deal.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I had a Q2, its a real nice bow. Sounds like a decent deal.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    lOVED MY Q-2 IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVRIOTS. DECENT PRICE. QUESTION ??? MAKE SURE THE BOW FITS YOU. DRAW LENTH ECT / HAVE YOU SHOT THE BOW YET?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    lOVED MY Q-2 IT WAS ONE OF MY FAVRIOTS. DECENT PRICE. QUESTION ??? MAKE SURE THE BOW FITS YOU. DRAW LENTH ECT / HAVE YOU SHOT THE BOW YET? OOPS Caps lock was on...[:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the advice.........the bow fits my draw length of 28". I probably will not be able to shoot it until after the purchase.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltnutz
    thanks for the advice.........the bow fits my draw length of 28". I probably will not be able to shoot it until after the purchase.
    Its a fine bow some time I'm sorry I sold mine.. good luck and welcome.[;)]
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one, like you I was out of archery for a while (25 years) and decided to get back into it. It's a great bow to shoot and it wasn't long before I was very proficient. Haven't killed a deer yet but hope to in a couple of years. The One I was waiting for was killed the first week of gun here in PA last year. 22" spread and 10 scoreable point but was really a main frame 8. 7.5 inch brow tines on his 2006 shed. His 2 younger brothers are now 6 pointers wider than their ears, not bad for 2.5 year olds (may turn into 8 pointers until their done growing this summer)

The price quoted is good but I would recommend a Wisker Bisket rest.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If a friend has it for sale, why can't you shoot it before buying? My personal opinion would be to reconsider buying if you can't shoot it. No matter what the price, is there a problem with it that he doesn't want you to find by shooting it? I'd hate to think that a friend was trying to pawn junk off on you but I wouldn't buy without shooting.... unless I REALLY trusted this person. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know that there is nothing wrong with the bow.....he had it checked out at the local bow shop and I need to take his word for that. I went over last night to look at the package and came home with it....everything like it's out of the box......thanks for all of your advice .......need to get out and shoot it now!

By the way, is there a good reference site for bow components/cross reference as it related to arrows? I need to educate myself on arrows. This package came with Easton A/C/C series DR superlite arrows. Need reference to match arrows to draw length/poundage etc..blah blah blah

quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    If a friend has it for sale, why can't you shoot it before buying? My personal opinion would be to reconsider buying if you can't shoot it. No matter what the price, is there a problem with it that he doesn't want you to find by shooting it? I'd hate to think that a friend was trying to pawn junk off on you but I wouldn't buy without shooting.... unless I REALLY trusted this person. Good luck and keep us posted on what you do![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the advice, encouragement and story, 47 studebaker.....sounds like you'll take one of those brothers real soon! good luck!

quote:Originally posted by 47studebaker
    I have one, like you I was out of archery for a while (25 years) and decided to get back into it. It's a great bow to shoot and it wasn't long before I was very proficient. Haven't killed a deer yet but hope to in a couple of years. The One I was waiting for was killed the first week of gun here in PA last year. 22" spread and 10 scoreable point but was really a main frame 8. 7.5 inch brow tines on his 2006 shed. His 2 younger brothers are now 6 pointers wider than their ears, not bad for 2.5 year olds (may turn into 8 pointers until their done growing this summer)

The price quoted is good but I would recommend a Wisker Bisket rest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.eastonarchery.com/ I think you can find the info you are looking for at Eastons web site. If not let me know and I'll look around for ya.

I, like buckey, am sometimes sorry I sold my Q2.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks bang250........I'll check it out

quote:Originally posted by bang250
    http://www.eastonarchery.com/ I think you can find the info you are looking for at Eastons web site. If not let me know and I'll look around for ya.

• Options
    edited November -1
    thanks bang250........I'll check it out

• Options
    edited November -1

I, like buckey, Ilike you too richie[:I][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Your a frickin goof! [:D] [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Your a frickin goof! [:D] [;)]
    I know my wife reminds me every day,,, Hey did let those rage heads fly yet??? let us know how they shoot,
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltnutz
    Hello,

I am thinking of buying a used (barely used, almost new) Mathews Q2 bow for hunting mostly whitetail here in Pennsylvania.

It has been years since I hunted with a bow, recurve, and I thought I'd step back into it.

A friend has this bow for sale...comes with hard case, 18 new arrows, broadheads, stabilizer, sights, rest, quiver and release. I can snag it for $320 (can't tell you the name brands of all of the accessories). I was recently measured up at the local bow shop and I take a 28" draw. This bow is set for just that.

Although my message is limited with the info I'm providing, can anyone tell me their experiences with a Q2 and/or give some advice? I assume the pricing on this package is a good deal.

Thanks

It's a MATHEWS thats all the info you need right there.[;)]