In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

woodchuck

salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
Aug82004004.jpg

Heres aphoto of A woodchuck I shot a couple of weeks ago. First one I shot with a bow that dropped in its tracks. Also the first one I shot in the back. The arrow exited out its neck. Backshots for me from now on.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
-Jimmy the cheese man

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    That woodchuck won't be chucking no more wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood![;)]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I smacked one with the .22 last weekend out the back window. It was sitting up and I held right under his chin. Now my model 77 is dead on so I am confident there, as for me flinching it's another story [:D]. I squezed, he flopped over backwards, legs went up in the air kicked a few times, then he rolled over and ran into the barn. I walked up there and there was blood all over so I know it exited.
    Am I dealing with toughy the chucker or what? I expect he's smelling up the barn by now. [xx(][:(!]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension- I find them to be tough to drop, even with a .22. I catch them in traps, and put one between the eyes while they are in the cage-they will kick and flop around for a good minute. When I shoot one with a .22, I always take a second shot. Sometimes they will drop after the first shot, kick around, then all of a sudden right themselves to go die where you cant get them.
    Now if I shoot one, I keep shooting until they aint moving.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Shoot until they stop moving is a good plan. [:D]

The very first week my fiancee moved in with me we had a ground hog
    incident. It was a Sunday morning and she was still in bed and
    I saw a ground hog sitting by the apple tree eating. Not thinking about her I decided to check the outcome of a 300 win mag on a little ground hog. Wow did it scare her, blew the heck outa the chucker too. [:D] That's why I only shoot .22's out the window now.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent