In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tools needed to build arrows besides fletching jig

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
I'm looking for an arrow fletching tool--a QUALITY one and not one of those cheap-looking plastic "E-Z Fletch" deals. Ideally, I would be able to fletch 6 arrows at a time. Who makes the best one?

Also, I'd like to find a tool specifically designed to cut arrows to proper length. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I've seen what's in the Cabelas catalog but I want to make sure I get the right one.

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    On the fletcher, you can buy the individual ones and mount them on a board to fletch multiple arrows. Stay away from the plastic junk. Also, make sure it offers left & right hand helical, and straight vane.
    I've used one of these and liked it alot. I had no idea how much it costed though.
    http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jhtml?id=0004548&navAction=push&navCount=5&indexId=cat20063&parentId=cat20063&parentType=index&rid=&_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424

I know nothing of arrow cutters.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    You might chech on E-Bay for a Blitzenburg Fletcher.I think that is spelled properly.They used to be probably the best fletcher you could buy.They were made in single and 6 arrow clamps.3 and 4 vane adjustment.Centering adjustment for different arrow diameter,and also adjustable for the amount of spiral.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fellas...

Let me assure you that the Arizona E-Z Fletch is not a cheap, plastic, piece of junk. I use one for my carbon arrows and it does an exceptional job of fletching. I think I paid $40 for it. FYI, I only use 3" RW feathers. I, too, wanted a jig that would do multiple arrows and am glad I purchased the E-Z. Maybe if I were in the business to make several dozen shafts up a day or week a multi fletcher, or two, would be the ticket. The E-Z is small and convenient to throw in my bow case when I go hunting just in case I need it. I think it would be difficult to load a multi fletcher and NEATLY apply the glue before it started to dry. I personally don't like a sloppy made arrow which is why I make my own. Doing them one at a time ensures my arrows come out as perfect as I can get them every time.

I do not own an arrow cut-off saw but, have been entertaining the thought of buying one. Maybe the smarter money would be spent on the tool that squares up the end of the shaft that is cut off and let someone else who has the saw cut them to length for you.

Lmbhngr
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After some research, I have my heart set on the JoJan multi-fletcher.

here's a list of things I THINK I need. If I'm missing some, let me know.

1. Arrow Saw (probably the Apple in the Cabelas catalog)

2. Arrow Deburring Device

3. Squaring device by G5-Outdoors (makers of the Montec broadhead I believe)

4. Carbon Arrow Prep Tool

5. Fletching Jig (probably the Jo Jan Multi-Fletch)

Did I miss any?
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like you have all you need from Cabela's. The Arozina E-Z Fletcher is a great tool to have in your bow box on a trip. It makes arrow repair a snap.

Hornet
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know it would be fun but to do my own arrows, but I think i'll just spend the $1.25 an arrow that my shop charges me to re-fletch.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    A Dremel on a square mounted slide makes a great cut off tool for carbon and aluminum arrows. As for fletching, I have the Arazona E-Z fletcher and the name fits fletching with that thing is E-Z and my arrows come out great. whoever invented that was really thinking. Bet he's a millionair. like Taco said if you enjoy doing it fine but your not going to save a bundle so just have fun with it.[:p] Taco this is scary we are agreeing on some subjects although I hate to admit it.[:D][:D][:D][}:)]