In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what would you do?

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Your hunting and notice a wounded deer with an arrow sticking out of him we shall say he is a 6 pointer about a year and a half old, then you notice his comrade who is about a 160 class buck. Do you arrow the big one and let nature handle the other or finish the little guy off and let the big one go

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    To make a long story short, my current job sucks! It's a small company that has about 50 or so employees and is owned by one person. My dept is small with about 10 employees and is ran by two brothers. I am next in line to them. I get along great with one the shop foreman. The overall manager is the problem. I butt heads with him over his lack of a management style. Example, he allowed one guy to have over 100 lates in a six month period before doing anything. Gave him one day off. (A late here is anything more than 14 minutes past your start time) Part of my job is to manage all of the problem jobs or incomplete jobs. Instead of ALL, I do some, and my two bosses do some. Information never gets passed back to me and our customers call and I look like an idiot because they know more about what has been going on than I do. I talked to my boss yesterday and we were supposed to have a meeting today.... Didn't happen. I am currently on the waiting list to be hired by my local Sheriff's dept but I don't know when that will be. I could have the next job open at the jail, but that would mean cutting my pay by more than $2 an hour. At this point, I've just about had it and am getting closer to leaving here. The bad thing other than the money is that I am supposed to start the Reserve Deputy program in Jan and I think that all of the training is in the evenings which I am sure I would be working at the jail if I take that job. Plus, I don't want to start a different job somewhere else only to quit in a few months when I get hired full time for the Reserves. I have been trying to stick it out for over 6 months now and it's getting rougher. Anyone got any thoughts? Sorry for the long post.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good ethics finish off the little one though...there are so many variables that come into play...I suppose. That is a tough scenario indeed.
    So...what happened?
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do the right and humain thing, put the wonded deer down. Even though the 160 will walk. You can hunt him another day, or maybe a youngster will get a chance at him.

Hornet
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Shoot the little one, then go home and cry.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only one thing to do, take out the wounded and as ben put it, go home and cry. I would go home and cry in a beer, or 2, or 3 [:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I think we all have drinking problems

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    Shoot the bigger buck, the little guy is already gone. [}:)]

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    "Mr Pissypants" I am a little dissapointed in your answer. and I dont believe you would really do that. We owe it the animals we hunt to do the right thing. Besides God may reward you[;)] I have shot deer and had the other deer just stand there you may get a crack at both. Never the less it's your hunt and your free to make your own choices. sleep well.[:0][V]
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot the little guy, track down the gentleman that shoot the deer in the first place, shoot him and then go home and talk to a bottle of Laphroigh.
  • MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    F'cking moderator, read gentleman as p_r_i_c_k.
    edited November -1
    Martes, Don't hold back your feelings now. I agree with you 100%.
    edited November -1
    Martes, Don't hold back your feelings now. I agree with you 100%.
    edited November -1
    Buckeyeboy, the little [}:)] means I am joking or being sarcastic. I would shoot the wounded one obviously. Its crazy that this is a recent topic as I had a similar situation occur yesterday. There was a nice four point blacktail I was sneaking up on and out of the woods comes a spike that one of my friends had shot but lost the day before.(I was actually looking for his deer when I spied the bigger buck). He had a nasty wound in his shoulder and was limping something awful. I took him without a second thought.

My friend isn't a slob hunter either, the spike just jumped at the sound of his bow and the arrow hit low. We spent six hours tracking and looking for him. Then we looked yesterday morning for a few more hours. I shot it after work last night.

-Benjamin Franklin
    edited November -1
    That's what I figured thats why I said I don't believe you would do that. in my last post, sorry I get confused when I meet someone as sarcastic as my self.[;)][;)] your season is already open[?]one more question why are you called mr pissypants[?][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Washington archery deer season opened September 1st. I shot mine on the 2nd and am really excited as the spike is my first bow kill, and second deer. Good luck to all you guys when your seasons start!

Copied from an earlier thread:
    quote:My user name was more of a joke then anything else. I was trying to figure out a comical user name a few years ago and it just stuck. Some people think its funny, others - innapropriate. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

On another note, it has nothing to do with * functions, though a few seem to take it that way.

-Benjamin Franklin
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'd shoot the bigger one just because all you caring individuals are out there to take care of that little infected gross nasty one.
    How many of you are gonna eat up that wounded little guy [?]
    I hate to kill anything I'm not gonna eat.
    I've lost one doe and one buck in my years of hunting, the doe was a shotgun hit and the buck a muzzleloader. I didn't like losing either, but it happens and all the varmits eat off your loss.

[;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Mr. PissyPants, congratulations on you first bow kill, and second deer. you must be very exicited.[;)][;)] I'm willing to bet even though I'm not a betting man if you saw a 150 class buck with your bow in hand your name would fit you[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    My name fit me to a tee night before last. My buddy and I snuck to within 53 yards of a 300+ lb. black bear. My heart was in my throat it was so exciting! My buddy ended up taking him yesterday at 35 yards while I was stuck at work.[:(!] Stroked a double lunger and the bear only went 50 yards. Even got one of his other bro's video taping the hunt.

I am really happy for him. It was a little work dragging that sucker out but fun non the less. Dang those guys have a lot of fat on them.

BOWHUNTING RULES!!!

I am contemplating retiring my rifles. [:p][:D]

-Benjamin Franklin
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.PissyPants

BOWHUNTING RULES!!!

I am contemplating retiring my rifles. [:p][:D]

Did someone say they had rifles for sale??? [8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent