In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A warning about scouting

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Well i went for the first time to see if the trails were the same as last year and they were. my favorite stand now has 2 trails going to it so I was happy untill I went to shoot a tree rat. As i had him in my sites i felt a bee bite my leg then another and then another. so doing what all men do while being confronted by an unknown danger I ran away yelling profanities through the woods as they continued to sting me. All told i got bitten by 12 yellow jackets, and i think i might have run through a patch of poison ivy

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ouch times 12. What a bummer.

Haven't ran into any yet, but it's getting that time of year. Some years they are thick and some years the sting seems more painful.

Look out for hornets, too. One time i parked a dump truck next to a tree and when i swung the door open it jarred the branches. I was staring through the glass at a nest the size of a basketball covered with hornets. You better believe i shut the door and got the h#ll out of Dodge.

Joe
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    to bad you didn't have any trail camera's set up. Those
    would have been good pictures for you to post. Running
    through the woods cussing and bees attacking sounds
    like a million dollar home video to me... [:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about gettin stung there headzilla, hope yer alright. Susp, there ain't a topic safe with you is there[:D] Of course I was thinkin along the same line as you were.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Sorry to hear about gettin stung there headzilla, hope yer alright. Susp, there ain't a topic safe with you is there[:D] Of course I was thinkin along the same line as you were.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!

right o [:D][:D][;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent