In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Worms

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
This has f'ck-all to do with hunting but reading the susp scolding salzo about wasting beer on bees, prompted this message. Today I dissected worms that had been drowned in alcohol!![:(!]! I though about eating them after the professor told me.[;)]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    No different than eating the Tequila maggot. Which BTW tastes like wax-tequila.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Poor little worm, least he died happy. I woulda ate it if I were you Martes. Better to save rather than waste.

Hey Ben, how come some of those tilkillya maggots stay nice and white and others turn that nasty brown color? Is it the brand?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Hey Ben, how come some of those tilkillya maggots stay nice and white and others turn that nasty brown color? Is it the brand?

My guess would be that the white ones were alive when tossed in, and the brown ones were dead and beginning to 'go bad'.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good assumption. I haven't ate any in years so I'm good to go.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are supposed to be agave worms from the plant that they make tequilla from. I have ate a many of worms in my time, until I switched to Cabo tequilla, smoooooth stuff[:D] Uh Ben how do you know what a wax worm taste like?

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    Uh Ben how do you know what a wax worm taste like?

Icefishing. Gotta keep 'em from freezing[:D].

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D] I once got hungry after a few brews and ate a crawdad while fishin.[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!