In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow shops in the Houston area

s1rGr1nG0s1rGr1nG0 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
I plan on doing some shopping when I get home and would like to know of a reputable bow shop in the Houston area. Any info is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry but I don't know of anyone in the bow hunting forum that is from Texas. Might post the question in the general forum, I've seen a lot of Texas boys over there.
    Good luck

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a least one Texas boy who reads the forum, me. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the bow shop in Houston. I grew up south of there (Lake Jackson) and now live in Dallas.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Look on the internet and phone book. Talk to the bow shop get a feel for how they operate and what they carry. Then ask for references or call the local better business beareau and see if they have any greivences against them or are seen as a repetuable bussiness. Oh I'm assuming there is at least one or two bow shops in that area. Good luck my longhorned friend[:D]
    BUCKEYBOY
  • Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you are near I-10 outside the west loop check out Anglers Edge right next door to Carters Country = good shooting
  • Options
    s1rGr1nG0s1rGr1nG0 Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahhh, thanks River! I live in Katy and pass by Carters all the time but never stopped in. When I get back to the states I'll definately make a point to stop in. Thanks again.
  • Options
    gillespiegillespie Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is kind of out of the way from Katy but Viking Archery near intersection of Bissonet and 59 in SW Houston has a good inventory. They also have quite a collection of older/antique bows if you have any interest in seeing how modern bows have developed over the last 40 years or so.
  • Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used to have property on barker Cypress right in your back yard - great dove shooting - cheers