In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

McKinzie 3-D deer target

StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
Where would be the best place to get one of these? I was lookin on the web, and found one for 129.00. Not the biggest one, but still it would be heavy and big, so shipping costs could be high.

I might run up north to Cabellas sometime soon. Would have to pay tax, but save on shipping. Of course the trip would burn up a half tank of gas, but the store is an experience in itself. Anyone tried the Cabellas brand 3-D targets?

Joe

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Bass pro has some delta 3d deer for as low as $59.00 are you going to shoot broad heads at at it? If buy the cheap one cause they are going to destroy it.
    BB
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for reply Buckeyboy. But before i even read it i got in a hurry and went and bought a 3-d target at the local sporting goods store. Well, it just so happens to be a Delta. But it didn't cost any 59.00, it was 149.00. Hope it's a good one. I'm going to shoot targets at it until the last week, then get some practice with the broadheads.

Joe
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    You sure don't waste anytime do you? [:D]
    I'll still post what I found though. They want $125 with shipping.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23163538

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, Suspension. Didn't even think about lookin there. To tell the truth, i don't usually impulse buy. Normally think about purchases for at least a day, but it was raining and nothing else to do and i had money in my pocket[:D] As it is, haven't even used the target yet. Spent today cutting up some logs that floated down the flood water and doing some cleanup and weedeating. It's windy out, don't know how that will affect bow accuracy. I expect some hunting days will be windy, so i'm going to give it a try after the old lady get supper on.

Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You didn't think about checking GB? [:0] That's our forum man..[:D][;)]

Sure hope your wife isn't one to check out this forum with that comment in there, there things don't get erased. [B)]

We visited some friends this evening who live in southern ohio and they have been having it pretty bad with flodding to. I tried four different routes getting to there house, good thing the 4th worked cause I didn't know anymore. [:D]
    I need to do some weed eating tomorrow, but it normally gets interupted by mid day beer or something more important like that.[:D]

Hunting windy days is pretty much out of my book anymore. 1st I'm not to keen on heights anyway, but trees sure can lean in wind storm, a little to much lean for me sometimes. 2nd you can't hear anything at all and it tends to make me move my head more to watch instead of listen. 3rd branches can fall and poke you in the eye. my three reasons to sleep in on a real windy morning. [8D][^]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    well i have bad news about the dleta buck i have one and they are absolut crap!!!! I have shot the center out of mine in a month not even shooting broadheads into it. it still stops arrows but its missing about 2 inches of foam on the front and back of it

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Suspension, you made a slight typo. That comment you referred to, you left out the letters "pli." That would make it compliment. Sure, because i said old, but i meant little. The little lady and she's a great cook. She just needs to eat eat herself a few more biscuits though. She wasn't much help to me pulling the arrows out of that broadheadbuck. But i'm a nice guy and i'll still keep her around for fetching my beer.[:D][:D]

Just kidding, just kidding. [:D][:D] She can't cook.[;)]

I was just getting used to the Morrels square target and it is loosening up some from being hit a lot. The broadheadbuck, it holds em tight, have to use both hands and gain some leverage just to get them out. Anyway from what you say, that problem will take care of itself. Oh well. I ruined an arrow already from trying to make deer shots at different angles. The shot went through the fletching.

Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh man, fetch your beer, can't cook......leave me outa this one. [;)]

[:D][:D]

So what's up with your user name? related to work or just enjoy stihls? I got a 290 pro and 260 farm boss, I believe those are the numbers, I know one says pro and the other says farm boss under all the oil and saw dust...[:D]

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey Head. Your gonna start trouble man take it from me. It goes like this hey dude[:)] "that targets great" you only paid 149.00[:0] Boy what a deal. those targets last forever.[;)] Then under you breath cough and say buullllsnotttt.[:D][:D][}:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Stihl- Hey, whats your "Old Lady" doin'....... I need a beer![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    So what's up with your user name? related to work or just enjoy stihls? I got a 290 pro and 260 farm boss, I believe those are the numbers, I know one says pro and the other says farm boss under all the oil and saw dust...[:D]

I work with Stihls and play with Stihls. Having a top of the line machine with 70cc of raw power at your command; that is fun, even if it runs you into the ground some days. I use the MS440 Pro and the 025 for light duty.

Of the two you mentioned, i'd prefer the 260 pro. It's three pounds lighter at only a few less cc than the Farm Boss. Stihl heavily promotes the Farm Boss, but they're bulky and a lot of homeowners buy them when they would be better off with something lighter. Between your 260 pro and my 025, the 260 is about the same weight but has an edge in power.

Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Stihl- Hey, whats your "Old Lady" doin'....... I need a beer![:D]

Sorry pal, she is a one man woman. Anyways, she's not very reliable. Sometimes she does good, other times it might come flying through the air at me[:(]

Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    440 Pro, wow...that must be a machine. I know what you mean about the farm boss, it does seem heavy after a couple hours of cutting. I mainly use the 290, but I don't cut that much. Just firewood, clear fence rows, and clean up tops when they log.
    Wanta race your 025 and my 260? Sounds like I have an edge and I like that. [:D]

funny you say: quote:Sorry pal, she is a one man woman. Anyways, she's not very reliable. Sometimes she does good, other times it might come flying through the air at me
    my old lady beamed a can bush light at me last night, literaly. I was "trying" to train our lab out back and she was on the computer so I yelled through the window and told her to bring me one. All I heard was the door open and wack, right in the back. The dog drank it though and I got another one that was less shaken. Yeah, she has a bit of a temper sometimes (monthly). [:D]

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Man, susp. That's some funny sh**!!! Hell hath no fury like a woman on the rag. Glad she missed your head. At least your dog still loves you.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    that biting fatherless dog doesn't like me, only reason I'm still living is because I feed the little chocolate terd everyday. I lay on the floor to watch tv and if she has him inside he sneaks up and pounces on me like a cat. A 11 month old lab pouncing is a bit painful let me tell you. Plus he will drag you to the ground and bite your head if you don't watch out, he's a strong little guy, He's a crack head dog though and he belongs to her, but you can't tell that, I do all the work.

She sucks with aim so I feel fairly safe when she throws anything, I was surprised she even hit my back.