In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New to compound and want to shoot fingers

Oban ArgyllOban Argyll Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi I've been shooting recurve for last 5 years and have always wanted a try at compound, we're can't hunt legally with a bow over here (scotland UK) so we shoot at animal tagets set-up in woodland conditions (please stop laughing).Anyway I've got a PSE hunting compound on it's way to me from the states But I think I'd be better of staying with fingers (as I don't want to waste all that recurve time) but the bow has a string loop on the string. Is it safe to shoot with this on the string or might it get stick on my tab and injure my hand? Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum all replies appreciated or links to more info

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum. Just take the string loop off the string. There is no need for it if you're shooting fingers. Carefully cut it with a sharp knife or a razor blade. Just be vary careful not to nick the main string. I've taken mine off and replace it every year.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    I would 2nd what taco413 said and I hope that PSE you're getting is pretty long , other wise you're going to be pitching the heck out of your fingers [:D]