In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

One more week!!!!!!!

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone else as fired up as I am about deer season? Only one week away here in Illinois and I am dreaming about hunting I stuck a big doe in my sleep last night. Can't wait to see what I get tonight. Think I will go shoot some dove to pass the time.[:D]

Comments

• Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ohio opens on Oct. 2nd. I haven't hunted opening day for a few years and am looking forward to some "tree time" myself! Best of luck to everyone.

I must have ate something bad before bed last night as I dreamed that someone stole my big, blue truck! [:0][:(]
  • Options
    mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pumped. october 1st just get closer and closer and I cant wait. all though I still got to go get me some new coveralls and I got to keep shootin my bow cause I just got it turned up to 65lbs so I got to get used to it till deer season starts.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I got a little bummed last night, decided to clean the air filter on my 4-wheeler because I haven't done it in a while. I always use gas to do that so I'm cleaning away and discover the drains tubes are plugged so I'm washing them out with gas and all a sudden I spilled the container all over the floor. No big deal cause it was just the barn flooor, but then I looked up and my plastic container full of all my camo's was sitting on top of a shelf right above me. So needless to say all my clothes are hanging outside in the trees till next week, sure hope they air out.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Suspension, I am a firm believer in burying clothes to descent them. After they dry, put them in about a 6in hole. They will smell like nothing but dirt after one day.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bury them huh. Never tried that before. I usually hang them up in a tree in a burlap sack and throw apples and leaves in with them.
    thanks for the tip!

Buckeyboy, please note that Ben is not saying to bury the clothes in a hole while your wearing them. You might sufficate if you try that.
    [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think I could bring myself to burying that much money. I just use the special detergent and scent lok bag after that.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Like both ideas, using real soil, and the apples and leaves. Man you guys are creative. Just one of the many reasons I like this board the good people with great ideas.

Ben, I mean no disrespect but coming from a farm background I must correct you. You meant to say they would smell like soil after a day. Not dirt. Dirt is soil that has been misplaced. [:D]
    Good Luck to y'all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got a buddy who has a "real hot spot stand" as he calls it. It's right next to a cattle crossing and he says the deer just love to walk by that stand. So....he puts cow manure in with his clothes.
    [xx(]
    He is a bit strange in other ways to before you ask. [:D]

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    You meant to say they would smell like soil after a day. Not dirt. Dirt is soil that has been misplaced. [:D]

Correction noted. We always called it "dirt scent", not "earth scent". I see your point though.

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh that's right season starts friday here, I almost forgot[:D] On the note of scents, ya'll ever use pure vanilla extract? My dad uses it all the time, puts it on his boots instead of a cover scent. I've actually seen deer lick leaves that he's walked by.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    tomarrow is opening day up north but i dont have any place to hunt there so i have to wait till the 15th

o by the way good luck to all

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any of you clothes burying folks ever considered useing Fresh Earth Scent on your hunting clothes? It works real well and you don't have to put your clothes in the ground. Good luck in Illinois, the season in Mississippi starts 10-1-04 I am ready to start. Would like to get back up to Illinois for some bow hunting. I only bow hunted in Illinois onece but I loved it. Lost the land we hunted on so I am with out a piece of grond to hunt on up there.

Hornet