In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

NEW, HELP!!!!

deer_sniperdeer_sniper Member Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
I am looking to start bow hunting later this year,practice through the summer and be ready for next year.What bows arrows....that kinda stuff would you recommend.$$ is not an issue.Thx for any and all help.

Brian

"Meine Ehre heisst Treue"

Comments

• LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot High Country Archery. Check them out at highcountryarchery.com IMO they have the best bows out there.
    There are so many choices now days but, if money isn't an issue, you'll have fun deciding.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    o god walk into a bow shop and tell an employe that he will have a field day setting u up. Id go with a high end hoyt they are nice I have a low end one and it shoots great i can only imagine what a high end one will do

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know exactly what a high end hoyt will do, it won't shoot as good as any Mathews [:p]. One of the leagues I am on has become a feuding match like the hatfields and the McCoys only its Mathews and Hoyts. I would look at the Mathews line you won't be disapointed
  • toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is my new bow with the components:

Mathews Outback...would recommend the Legacy for a beginner....more forgiving.

Vital Bow Gear Trapper 5 Sight

Quality Archery Design Ultra Rest

Kwikee-Quiver 6 arrow quiver

Those are the key components. I use a string loop and a release. I prefer a realease with a buckle rather that velcro strap as velcro makes noise when you take it off....you will need to go #1, believe me....and you will need to take it off. Get a peep sight with a big aperture for low light....small apertures don't let in enough light at first light or dusk. I really don't have a stong opinion on a stabalizer...I have a Doinker, it was good for my Mathews Q2 so I reused it. Use carbon arrows...cheaper in the long run in my opinion as they don't bend as easy as aluminum. I use Rocky Mountain Titanium broadhead and would not use anything else as they have always worked great for me and I go with what works....stay away from mechanical broadheads. Also, get a wrist strap.