In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Africa

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
I want to go to Africa!![:(!] Long time dream that I hope will come true someday, but right now I'm low on funds due to too much studies to little work and low on time due to too much studies [V]. Anyone else ever get a craving for the Dark Continent?

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    No I dream about Iowa and illinois uring the rut but im in the same boat as you to much school and no money to go

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'd like to go there someday. I think I would rather hunt Alaska first, then Africa. I don't wanta head off to Africa with a bow though. I can't see myself doing that. I'd have to have a 460 rigby or something.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    mh1gsmh1gs Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are dreaming and not really checking up on things. If you take the time and check things out, you go to Africa as cheap as you can go on a good guided trophy elk hunt in the lower 48. You will also find that on many of the African hunts, you will be offered anywhere from six to nine different species to tag out on. How do I know, I want to go also and have been talking with different guides. If you want an e-mail address or postal address on a good one let me know. mh1gs@clas.net
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mate, I'm student! I can hardly afford hunting in Finland! I know It's not very expensive, but cheap is too expensive for me right now!
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I priced out a hunt this year. Friend went and I was invited along, but with two kids in college and work just killing me I could not see taking time off. I think I will wait until my son is finished with college.

Prices? Cheaper than Alaska. Very comparable to guided elk or moose hunt in the lower 48 or Canada.

It is not beyond a dream. $25 - $50 away a month for a few years and you will be there.

I try to stick $50 to $100 amonth away for "mad money" whether it be hunting, trophy prep, motorcycle trip, or a new gun. Makes it realy easy then. For most people that may seem impossible to stick away some money each month, but you just need to decide where your priorities are: no smokes, little alcohol, no impulse buying.

Start planning now to fulfill your dreams. You sound young enough to have time to make them happen.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln