In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tree rubs

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I Went check one of my stands last weekend.Ijumped 4 deer right under my stand 2 decent bucks, 3rd looked like a spike and the forth I diddent'get a good look at. Are the trees in you area getting rubs[?] yet in R.I. where I hunt the trees are all wacked.[^]

Comments

• Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    was out the other nite and saw a few rubs...things don't get too exciting here till thr farmers get the corn out. the state claims rut is in full swing by the middle of november here but the bucks are at there dumbest around the first week in november.

dennis
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I haven't noticed any majot activity yet, a few small light rubs here and there. Our rut usually hits around the 2nd or 3rd week in November. I've been seeing a lot of does and some small bucks, but nothing to great.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know 'bout rubs to date but, a buddy of mine was scouting a piece of ground he hunts the other evening and from across a large bean field counted 17 bucks, 4 of them monsters, feeding together. That gives new meaning to "bachelor groups".
    He is a very skilled bowhunter and not one to stretch the truth either...lucky bastage.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where was that Lmbhngr?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    [:0]Rubs fellas not ground scrapes. Where did that friend of yours see the hudge bucks what state?[:p]
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We see rubs all the time down here in Mississippi. Rubs this early are from where the deer rubed the velvet off there horns. When you start seeing scrapes along with a rub line in the woods you are in a good spot.

Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sus',

Clermont Co. close to Batavia. This buddy of mine is a surveyor and is able to get hooked up with some fantastic property. He also hunts a lot of urban areas around Cincinnati/Montgomery Co., you know, those little pockets of woods & thickets surrounded by housing developments and commercial areas. The deer flock to these places.

Lmbhngr
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just teasing, didn't figure you'd tell me where they were.

Sounds like a good spot to be though. You are surely hunting with
    that good buddy of yours...right?? [:D] I know I would. [;)]

I've only seen something like that once while I was groundhog hunting I saw 5 bucks together and all 5 were wall hangers. Sure wished I woulda had a camera with me.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Teasing? Haha, no biggie, it's not my hunting area.

Actually, no, I don't hunt with him. He and his cameraman/hunting buddy hunt together mostly. Guess I'm not that good of a friend, eh? That's cool though...at least someone is lucky enough to have access to such a fertile piece of hunting heaven. For all the money I've spent with him on my bow & accessories he ought to at least offer to video for me...once!! He's a good dude, I only wish him luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like someone you should make a point of hunting with.[;)] It would be nice to find or kw of spots that good. I have one really spot section of land I hunt that is actually part inside of city limits. I haven't shot any monsters there yet, but I have seen a few there, they seem to travel that very small section of land going to and from two large woods where no hunting is allowed. One of these days I'll snag one up there that makes a mistake and I happen to be there. [:D]

• Options
    riverriver Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it is late in a lot of areas