In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

blackhole target

mh1gsmh1gs Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
Has anyone else had any problems with blackhole targets. I bought one and have shot it approx. 250 times with only field tips and my arrows are sinking in to the nock. I had heard these were real good targets, but I won't buy another. Any suggestions for a sturdy longlasting target? Before you ponder too long, I am shooting a Hoyt Razortech set at 65 lbs. with 100 gr. field tips on carbon shafts.

Comments

• hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a high country carbon 4 runner set at 78 pounds and I use Beman ICS 400 carbon shafts and 100 gr field points. I shoot almost everyday depending on if it is raining or not. I shoot 3D targets but the brunt of my shooting is done at a block target that came from Wall Mart. I paid $27.00 for it and it has had at least 1000 shots put in it. I have yet to put an arrow completly through it. This is the best block target I have ever owned. This is my second target like this. The first one staied out in the weather and it finally came apart after 2 years of shooting and being rained on.
    If you are not happy with the black hole target go to a Wall Mart and pick one of these targets up, you won't be sorry. I have read that the black hole target is one of the best arrow stoppers on the maket. I was going to purchase one my self but had a few more repair bills than normal and settled for the Wall Mart Target instead. I am glad I did. The Wall Mart target also has 2 sides to shoot broadheads in. I have not been able to shoot through the broadhead side yet either. I shoot Steel Force 100gr broadheads. The Steel Force 2 blade heads have gone through every animal I have taken with this bow. One shot I made was 42 yards on a Coriscan ram in Texas.
    Hornet
  • toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If memory serves correct, Black Holes have one target-dot area....bad with broadheads. Think about a Block target next...more target dots to spread the damage caused by broadheads.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I believe Buckeyboy has a lot of experience with the block
    targets [:0][8D][8D][:D][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    listen guy's all manufactures are going to tell you there target is the best, Nothing will stand up to broadheads. The guy shooting feild tips.[;)] morrell bag target. lasts forever and the arrows come out so easy you would not believe. I am having a little better luck with my second block target but it's not what it's cracked up to be. Goglen need not reply[:0][:D][:D] OH Thanks Sus[}:)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    LMAO!!! I'm sure not everyone is going to catch onto this little inside joke, but if you scroll through old topics you might just get a laugh..[:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a year old McKenzie Carbon Block and am not impressed with it. I've already had arrows pass through the thing and it hasn't been abused. I'm disappointed in it's durability for sure. Beware of this one.

Lmbhngr
    edited November -1
    Speaking of Goglen has anyone heard from him haven't seen him post in a while hope all is well. [:p]Hey GOO GOO Ya out there[?][:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Nothing will stand up to broadheads. The guy shooting feild tips.[;)] morrell bag target. lasts forever and the arrows come out so easy you would not believe.

Easy there killer. We don't want no trouble.

Ben[;)]

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah Buckey I am still here I have been out of town a lot this past month not a whole lot of computer time but when I do get on I always check the boards. I did manage to get my bow all set up I am shooting 3" groups at 50 yards with broadheads so I think I should be all set for this hunting season. I should be back home this weekend I haven't been there in quite some time I think I just might go salmon fishing up near tippy dam. Any way hope all is well with everyone.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see ya back gogo, I had one of those burley dead stop targets for field points and every once in awhile I get a pass through with my field points.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Good to hear from ya Go.
    Buckey
  • s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Gogolen;
    Good that you are Back.Maybe things will pick up here now that Archery Season is coming soon.

quote:I am shooting 3" groups at 50 yards with broadheads so I think I should be all set for this hunting season

I would say you are ready for Competition shooting if you are interested.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I already shoot on 2 leagues a year thenI do 3D shoots in the summer time, what kind of competition are you talking about and where?
  • 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want a good broahead target, buy a Morrell Yellow Jacket!

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent)
    turkey.gif