In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new game to try

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
Well i have shot the center out of my back yard buck. so being the brite individuel tat i am. I took the removable center out of the buck and set up a back stop behind the hole. the object of the game is to shoot the arrow through the hole into the target behind. see what happens when ya get bored the weekend before the season starts

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I had a buddy call me yesterday and leave a message about coming over to his house to shoot bows. I was actually out hunting so why fruitcake was at home shooting his bow was beyond me and another story, but anyway this guy lives in a fairly well populated area. He has houses all around his so where he plans on shooting is again beyond me. Do any of you shoot you bows with houses around you? I'd be scared of an accident.
    Sorta like Buckey's accident in his basement, wonder if his wife has busted him on that yet, sure wish I could call and tell her he shot up her dinner room table.[:D] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I shoot around houses, but only in fenced yards, and mostly shooting from a roof.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
    edited November -1
    doesn't worry you that you might wiz one under a fence? With my luck I'd probably poke a hole in someone's pool or criple their dog. [:(!]

From the roof would be fine though, no chance of it going anywhere else then.

Jay (worried he may cause damage by shooting with a friend)

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    doesn't worry you that you might wiz one under a fence? With my luck I'd probably poke a hole in someone's pool or criple their dog. [:(!]

From the roof would be fine though, no chance of it going anywhere else then.

Jay (worried he may cause damage by shooting with a friend)

If it went under a fence, it would be firmly imbedded into the neighbors shed. I tell you what is scary though. I was up on the roof shooting my bow, and there were some adults playing with pellet guns in a yard caddy-corner. About the 2nd time I saw a muzzle crown I had to get down.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
    edited November -1
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. [:D]

Like my intellectual sentence? "doesn't worry you" I get so wrapped up I forget words. [;)]

• mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot my bow in my back yard and i live in the city. I dont worry to much because I shoot it by my house. I put 2 10 gallon buckets with a big sheet of plywood probably 5X5 aand then the target. so if anything doest happen it happends to my house. which is funny cause I was shooting and my release broke and it sent an arrow into my house. and I got alluminum siding and it almost went into my bedroom wall.
    -michael
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GAMES??? You want games???
    Here is a good one-Get your spouse, and put an apple on top of her head. Stand twenty yards back, and try and shoot the apple.
    If you dont want to do that, tie a string to a nail, stick nail in apple, and hang it in front of your backstop. Try and shoot the apple.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Sus, Glad to see your back. Yea the table incident. I told a little white lie on how it fell over on a bolt that was on the floor, No I'm not proud of the lie, but diden't want to hear her either. "Thats my story and i'm sticken too it"![:I]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We do something similar to that in one of the leagues I am on only the deer is made out of 1/4" steel plate and the hole is 2" in diameter. we shoot at this from 20 yards.