In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Accuracy question

StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
I've been practicing and was wondering what kind of accuracy is possible with a bow. At 30 yards, i can pretty much keep most all of them in the outer white 4" circle on the Morrels outdoor range target. At 20 yards i can hit the inside blue 2 inch circle about 6 out of 12 shots. Does that sound about normal? I want to be as good as possible, but what would a normal expectation be for bow accuracy? I know about the paper plate, and i'm only hoping i do that good on a live target. But for target practice, how close and consistent should you strive for?

Joe

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    You're doing good, Joe. When you start busting nocks at 30 yards, then you know you've really put in the time.

If I were you I'd move out a little bit. 35-40 yards and see how you're doing. Most of your shots will be in the 10-30 yard range, though. And, don't forget to practice shooting 5 yards from your tree stand.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply, Ben. I had some bldg materials delivered and where the stuff got put down keeps me from getting the 40-45 yard distance. I have my targets set up permanent, so they're hard to move. That's reason for concentrating on the 20-30 yard shots.

From what you're saying, a nickel size group would be possible with enough practice? I don't have enough money to use nocks for targets[:D]

Joe
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a small piece of electrical tape on a white spot on my target to force me to go after the same target everytime. Try that and it will really tighten up you groups.