In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

so how many stands do you have?

gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
I was just looking at how many different stands I have , some times I think i have a few too many[:D]
2--ladder stands
1---tri-pod
5--climbers
7--hang ons ( I think ) [:I][:D]
3-- pop up blinds of different designs

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    3- lock ons
    2- ladders
    2- climbers

If need be I got a bucket I can sit on too[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    3 permenent and 2 ladder stands. the corn around this area is at least 2 weeks off of starting to get picked[:(]..might get out just to see how the does are looking this weekend. good luck to all this season[:)]

dennis
  • Options
    toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6 hang-on
    2 climbers
    1 ladder

Wish I had more.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    We have 10 up right now that can be used. 4 ladder, 6 hang on. Climbers don't work all that well on our trees (cottonwood). We also have 3 popups that are used as the need or move arises. AS soon as the true fall pattern developes we will put up at least 4 more. I know that you are all told to "put up your stands well in advace of hunting" but this allows us to move around as the deer change patterns.

These are used by me and my partner about 90% of the time and a friend comes in and uses them maybe once a month during season.

So many stands? We hunt about 900 acres exclusively. Has a river running through it and during rut it is the interstate of the big boys lookin for girls.[;)]

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sounds like you may need some help hunting that big of area , do you??????[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where I hunt, I have two permanent stands-they have not been very productive the past couple of seasons, so I put up two chain on stands. We also have two ladder stands up, but no one uses them during archery, because no one likes the platforms(too small).
    I think the location I put the stands is going to be good. One stand is set up in VERY THICK cover (cedars), 20 yards from where 3 trails intersect. We never really hunted this area because it was so thick, but we always see tons of sign. I cut out some lanes, hopefully it is going to be a productive sight.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I have 4 up right now with 3 in reserve

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont buy stands I just make em in the tree I want to make it in. I got private land so they dont care.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    manson, I hope you're not using spikes in them there trees, if those trees ever get cut and put thru a sawmill , you can bet there will be a very pissed off sawyer
  • Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, don't go putting spikes in trees unless you're sure it's junk wood. One got by me on wood that was for my own use. The sawyer called me up and he had already cut into a nail and dulled one blade but he wouldn't charge for it because it had already been dull. But he said if he hit another one, he'd have to charge for each of the teeth. I told him to go ahead. He didn't even want to finish the other logs. It was 15.00 per tooth (3), but i already had plans for that wood. Luckily he didnt' hit another one.

Joe
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, what's a treestand? [:D]