In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I have a dilema!!

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I have found a mathews Q2 for sale for $350 loaded with wisker bisket quiver arrows and sights. I was just in the process of planning for a new bow ( you know where you just mention it to the wife and see the reaction). She didn't swing when I mentioned the Q2 this evening[;)]. But I don't know much about them...the Q2..not the wife I'd be in the dog house like another member/poster[:D]. Anyway is this a good price? Anybody have one or shot one? I need some feedback

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Comments

• Options
    toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Q2 as a back-up...used it for three years until getting an Outback....the Q2 is a great bow. If the bow is in good shape with a good string (you may still consider replacing it), sounds like you found a good deal. Bows, in general, have lousy resale value, but Mathews seem to get more than most. I don't use a whisker biscuit, but have been told nothing but great thing from friends that do. If it has a good sight and rest, I think it is a good deal.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Good deal. If you buy it and don't like it you wont have any trouble selling it and getting you money back. I would buy it. I have the sq 32I know they are similar and I love mine.[:D] Be careful of draw lenth some of the models cannot be changed and they do not have other cams that will change it. make sure of that b-4 if you decide to purchase it. Best of luck[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good deal. If you buy it and don't like it you wont have any trouble selling it and getting you money back. I would buy it. I have the sq 32I know they are similar and I love mine.[:D] Be careful of draw lenth some of the models cannot be changed and they do not have other cams that will change it. make sure of that b-4 if you decide to purchase it. Best of luck[;)]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For a minute there I thought you were selling your bow Buckey. Mathews does sell cams for there bows like if you had 80% let off and you wanted to go to 65% to gain some speed you could do that. Or if you needed to changed the draw length you could do that too. The cams come about $80 dollars, I don't know about other archery shops around but the one I go to he will give you a $50 dollar credit from your old cam tawards the new one bringing the price down to $30.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmm[:0] I have the sq 32 and I wanted a higher let off cam and my mathews dealer in R.I. told me they don't make a higher let off cam for that bow.[:(] Do you have any information that shows they do make a cam for that bow? I know you have a lot of mathews knowledge. let me know now I'm real interested to see if he was b-sss-ing me [B)]
    Thanks Gog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmmmmm[:0] I have the sq 32 and I wanted a higher let off cam and my mathews dealer in R.I. told me they don't make a higher let off cam for that bow.[:(] Do you have any information that shows they do make a cam for that bow? I know you have a lot of mathews knowledge. let me know now I'm real interested to see if he was b-sss-ing me [B)]
    Thanks Gog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    If you already have an 80%let off then he is right and you can't go up any however if you have the 70% let off cam then you can go up to a 80% as this was offered. As far as using a different cam than the straight line max cam your bow has on it now I couldn't help you, that would be up to a mathews service rep that is pretty knoledgable. I can get you that part number for the cam you need I just need to know what you draw length is as they vary from 24" to 30" with half sizes from 27" to 30".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Goglen tommorow I will give you all the info and #'s I have 70% I was looking for 80% thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Goglen tommorow I will give you all the info and #'s I have 70% I was looking for 80% thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1