In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just got back

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
We went to Turkey Run SP in In this week for a couple of days. We were able to break the new to us camper we bought. It rained a couple of nights and we enjoyed ourselves either under the awning or inside in the air while our neighbors were sitting in their car. It was a great trip for the wife, Will, and I.
We did the 8 mile canoe trip and hiked for a couple of days. The trails they have are excellent. What scenery. At one point of climbing straight up Will mentions what a pain it would be to drop a deer up here.
For me it was only a 2 hr drive. Some of you other Il guys it would be alittle closer. We plan on going back next year. It was well worth it.

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    From the Dr. I've been having a very high heart rate for about a week. It has been in the 100's just sitting around. Went in to discuss the results of the heart monitor that I had to wear and the EKG. One of the questions I was asked was if my heart ever races. I told him only when I'm deer hunting. That got a good chuckle out of him.
    BTW, they found nothing really wrong. Told me to limit my caffine which I don't drink much of and that it was probably just stress.
    edited November -1
    Been sitting in a complete downpour rain since 6:45 this morning, 15 minutes after I got in my stand. I have a few choice words about that, but I doubt they would ever get posted so why waste my time [:D]

Took today off so I could hunt all day and I am soaked to the bone. I do feel better after getting home and taking a hit shower though. The rain is starting to ease up a bit so I might just be back out there after bit. Gotta eat some cheerios first though. [:)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GET BACK OUT THERE!!!!!
    Many times I have seen deer start to move, right after a hard rain.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Guess I can't type anymore messages and my cereal will not doubt get soggy. Thanks alot salzo! [:D] it's not raining at all now, see ya'll later

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GO GET EM!!!!!
    I start tomorrow, forecast calls for rain-I might be sleeping in tomorrow[:D]

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Just a note: The largest deer I ever saw shot with a bow, 180 class was shot in the pouring rain with very high winds. ya just never know.
    Now get back out there Sus. complaining about the rain when the rest of us are at work boy oh boy you got balls.[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Just a note: The largest deer I ever saw shot with a bow, 180 class was shot in the pouring rain with very high winds. ya just never know.
    Now get back out there Sus. complaining about the rain when the rest of us are at work boy oh boy you got balls.[:D][:D][:D]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I killed a 170 class buck in the downpour a few years ago in So. Illinois. I have no problem in the rain, h*ll i'll even bring a bar of soap if'n nothing is moving and do my monthly bath early[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    The only things that bother me are very high winds that make my stand do circles, and freezing rain. But, on a lighter note, are both good excuses to break out the bloody mary pitcher.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
    edited November -1
    I'll have you all know that I sat in the rain the rest of the day Friday and never saw anything but a few flat heads. Sure wish I'd ate the rest of those cheerios. [:D]

Buckey, thanks for the man hood comment, appreciate that....I think [:I]

taco, monthly bathing huh....I like it, thanks for the tip. [:p]

edited November -1
    Monthly bathing [?] We gotta talk taco[:0]