In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

broadhead help

stiffler_00stiffler_00 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
i need help gitin a new 100gr. head cuz i was practicing with it and it totaly blew through my target and hit a steel power box behind it and totaly killed the trocer tip and dull the blades really bad, i dont no wat kind i should get, i was lookin at hose crimson talons but those r peices of snot, i was kinda thinkin muzzy 3 or 4 blade-can anybody give me sum advice on wat kind u think is good or u like.
THANKS[8D]

Comments

• MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Myself I love 2-blade broadheads like Magnus Stinger and right now I'm using some heads called Phantom(not ghost, *), but then again you can't go wrong with Muzzys. Another that I like and have found surprisingly lethal are small diameter broadheads like the NAP Nitrons, a friend of mine shoot a large Kudu in South-Africa and It died after only 15 yards.
  • hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also like the Magnus stinger 2 blades. The Muzzys are a proven designe also. I personaly shoot a 2 blade Steel force 100 gr. broadhead. I have taken 2 bears with them and several exotc animals. and deer. The penatration is fantastic. I shot one ram at 42 yards in the chest and the arrow came out right in front of the left ham. The only draw back to them they are not very durable. If you practice with them you will probably only get a few shots before they warp and when they do they do strange things when they are shot. If you go with the Steel force. Sight your bow in with them and do not shoot those broadheads at any game animal, go buy new ones.
    Pathom 2 blade broadheads are another good 2 blade head.

Hornet
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Cant go wrong with muzzys there bad to the bone

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I have been using Thunderheads this year with great results.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thunderheads & Grim Reapers. I have a buddy that killed three deer with the same GR last year. He just put the edge back on the blades and continued harvesting backstraps.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Myself, I'd rather see you retype your message, plus I'd like to see you pull your arrow from that transformer also. [^]

Your broadhead help topic, head being the key word, fits very nicely after reading your message. Is it a family thing or a water thing?
    like see ya dude [8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Myself, I'd rather see you retype your message, plus I'd like to see you pull your arrow from that transformer also. [^]

Your broadhead help topic, head being the key word, fits very nicely after reading your message. Is it a family thing or a water thing?
    like see ya dude [8D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    Holy s$$T Sus your starting to sound like me[}:)][}:)]
    edited November -1
    [:I][:I][^]

• toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am highly partial to the Rocky Mountain Titanium's....They have stainless stell blades which will tear up if you hit a box, but the tip itself is tough. My respect for them developed when I made a should shot at 30 yards three years ago this fall...the arrow went through the shoulder of an 8 pt. and still penetrated far enough to take out the lungs. That sold me.....
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

like see ya dude [8D]

S$$t stirrer(sp)[:D][:D][:D] Although I do agree with you[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension. Couldn't agree more. The Queen's English has been raped.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sunray
    Suspension. Couldn't agree more. The Queen's English has been raped.

He never came back either, that was unfortunate due to the excessive amount of fun we could have had with stiffler_00 loser. [:D]

What's been happening with you Sunray?

• 270 Deer Slayer270 Deer Slayer Member Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muzzy 4 blades! Very accurate!

"A blood trail is life" (Ted Nugent)
    turkey.gif
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also like the Grim Reaper. I've killed three this year so they gotta work pretty well.[:D]