In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ultranock, string loop or bare?

gillespiegillespie Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Just bought a Razortech from a buddy and am considering adding an ultranock or a string loop and am looking for anyone with experience with the ultranock. Have used a string loop since I started using a caliper release on my previous bows but have always been curious about the ultranock. Also approx. how many shots before a person would have to redo the serving on the string if you don't use a string loop or ultranock?

Comments

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I prefer the string loop. The only upside to the ultra-nock is your peep stays aligned without having to adjust it perfectly or tie it off. However, I do not trust them to stay tight.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I shoot bare. The serving still looks great after approximately 300 shots. But I do wax it after each use.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    butson94butson94 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    string loop
    ultranocks are junk
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a string loop but that is so I can get an extra 1/2 inch of draw length. It does save on your serving, but the draw length is the main reaso for me.
  • Options
    ham-boneham-bone Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used the Ultra knock before and found that it made my bow louder, and if you ever accidently smacked your arm with your string the ultra knock can leave a nasty * on your arm. definetly stay with the string loop.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my string loop, my luck i'd get an ultranock that was defective and screw up just as I was drawing on a biggun, or even a lilun[:D]

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ultranocks will start cutting the serving as soon as you start shooting. If your release has a leage on it the ultranock will hang on the release, sort of like a hang fire with a muzzleloader. String loops are the way to go.

Hornet
  • Options
    toocarztoocarz Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    String loops. Just be sure you have a nock in it if you pull it back....if you do not plan to shoot an arrow.
  • Options
    plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Shot off the string for a few years. Then to a double ball nock, which I liked as I shot a release that would just hang on it while I waited for Grandpa to come in. Switched to a loop about a monthh ago and am having a fit!! My confidence is way down and I am pretty sure it is just adjusting to the loop. I know it is the most accurate. I have a chance on Sunday to stay at a friends house and his archery coach (yep that is right) his archery coach is staying with him right now and I am invited to bring my bow. Hope it helps.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    String loop. stay away from the ultra nock.[;)]
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like string loops. I use one and have liked it. However, it did stretch. You just have to be careful about that. I actually had to make a draw-length adjustment to compensate for the stretching of the string loop which has been on my bow since march.