In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Which is the better bow? Need help

hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
I currently shoot a Hoyt Intruder. It is several years old and I am thinking of upgrading. A friend of mine bought the Hoyt XP 2000 and I am amazed at the speed, smoothness, and quietness of this bow but, I hear some say there is nothing better than a Matthews for speed, smoothness and quietness. What are some of your opinions on this. What brand and model do you think is the "best"? I like my Intruder but I just refuse to be out done by my friend.[:D][:D] His bow makes mine seem slow and noisy[V]
Thanks for your input

"The only thing you do better than me is drive that Diamante, and that's just because I've never been in it!"--Little John

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Not to sound condisending[B)] Buy a bow your happy with. Never mind your friend. If he is a true friend he will be happy for you. Archery is a compitition if your shooting 3d. If you are hunting share the expierence together. Accuracy is much more important than speed and noise.[;)]I've seen guys happier with a doe kill than some guys who kill a small to medieum buck then say I should have waited for a bigger one. again not to be "preaching" but do what you feel is right for yourself.[:)]If you are just trying to out do your buddy you will wind up outdoing yoursef. Best of luck whatever you choose.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Not to sound condisending[B)] Buy a bow your happy with. Never mind your friend. If he is a true friend he will be happy for you. Archery is a compitition if your shooting 3d. If you are hunting share the expierence together. Accuracy is much more important than speed and noise.[;)]I've seen guys happier with a doe kill than some guys who kill a small to medieum buck then say I should have waited for a bigger one. again not to be "preaching" but do what you feel is right for yourself.[:)]If you are just trying to out do your buddy you will wind up outdoing yoursef. Best of luck whatever you choose.[:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

sniffle sniffle, that was very touching, kinda made me feel like we're all brothers in archery together [^][:D][:o)]

I shot Hoyt for a lot of years, but from reading what some of these guy on here who own Mathews say I expect my next purchase to be a Mathews. That is if I like it when I shoot one.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys....I think that a bow that is more quiet would be better for hunting. My old Hoyt does fine on killing ....I've killed 3 with it this year[:D][;)][:D] I just hear so many good things about the Matthews. What model is the best? Where is Go Go when you need him?[8D]

"The only thing you do better than me is drive that Diamante, and that's just because I've never been in it!"--Little John
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can't speak from experience but a fella I work with just went from a Hoyt to a Mathews. He bought the Outback and says it is amazing. Says all you can hear is the click of the release went he pulls the trigger and the sound of the arrow hitting the target. Said it is smooth with zero vibration. Good luck.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad
    edited November -1
    Hey sus I have feelings too[B)]Ok ya all wanna be like that. Every bow except Mathews Just plain Sucks[}:)]
    edited November -1
    That's the Buckey I know. [;)]
    When you leaving for your trip to IL? Pretty soon I thought.
    Good luck

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    November 7th I can't wait.[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    15 days, everythings packed and ready I hope.
    good luck and bring back some pictures of the big one

edited November -1
    Are you kidding[?] packed[?] I swear I pack the day before. Im still using my stuff here. the outfitter sent me some nice pictures of deer they have been seeing. gave taco my cell # he can call me when I get there hopefully we can hook up.[;)]
  • Flambeau DanFlambeau Dan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a Bow Tech "Liberty" I shot both and I believe it beats the Mathews Hands Down, in our group of hunters we have 6 Liberty's, 2 guys switched from Mathews, 2 from Hoyt, 1 from Renegade and 1 new shooter, I will be switching from PSE as soon as finances allow, Good Luck!
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, which Hoyt does your friend shoot they make xp 2000 limbs but no xp 2000 bow, it should have a name like vipertec or cybertec or havoctec, something along those lines. In most of the leagues I am on the on going battle between mathews and hoyt is like the feuding between the hatfields and the McCoys.