In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

that deer was close

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
I hunted an brush area next to a standing corn firld tonight. I hung a stand but didnt like it and it was to late to rehang it so i went to the ground. I sat in a pile of brush along 4 different trails. 10 mintues after sitting down a fawn walks by me a about 5 yards. looks right at me and keeps walking around my pile for about an hour. she was directtly down wind from me and was getting nervous but she didnt run. I guess i dont smell to bad after all. and before anyone asks i did think about playing connect the dot sausage but i didnt. there will be bigger does to shoot soon.

My old man's backhand used to land,
Hard on the side of my head.
I just learned to stay out of his way.
There's been streetfights, blue lights,
Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
It just showed me how much I could take.
Hard times, bad luck.
Sometimes, life sucks.
That's all right, I'm ok.
It ain't nothin' but another day.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have more patience than I do. I always shoot the first deer I can get a shot on. I have been skunked too many times, not getting any deer after passing on smaller ones earlier in the season.
    I have been on the ground and had young deer walk that close. And if you are out there on the right day, Bucks will come that close, if their minds are on different things. 2 years ago I shot a Buck on the ground, ten yards away-had his nose on a trail, didnt even see me. I mad a noise to stop him, he stopped briefly(never picked his nose up from the ground), and as he started to move again I shot him.
    Earlier that same day, I watched a Buck mount a doe 30 yards from me-they went at it for a half an hour.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we all know the real question about that story. did you get off watching it.[:D]