In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where's MARTES "MIA"

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Has any one heard from Martes? He seemed to be going strong for a while then just dropped off the forum. I enjoyed some of his responses.[:(]

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Probably busy with school, wasn't he taking classes?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yea, I think so but I figured he would from time to time be around. I'm sure the Fin will pop up again[:D]
  • Options
    MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, I've had a snot lot of classes between 35 and 49 hours per week and exams and other snot. Done some hunting as well, bagged 2 black grouse, 5 hazel grouse, a couple of foxes and several raccon-dogs. Right now I reading biochemistry, cellbiology, immunology and genetics, interesting but more or less impossible to understand. How's life on your side of the pond?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Concidering, your the one doing all the hard work. I would say life here is pretty darn good. Our whitetail deer rut should be starting to kick in a few weeks. Hows that shoulder comming along? as I remember you couldent pull your bow back last time we wrote.[8D]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Good job calling him out of the woodwork, Buckey. Keep at it Martes, when it's all over you get to look back and wonder how the hell you managed. If you have any questions and need some creative answers you can always fall back on the smartest group of men on the internet.[:D](us, in case you didn't know who I meant)

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben I'm stupid, but not that stupid. [:D] My shoulder fully healed now, looked quite grim at one time. I'm lookoing at moving to Aberdeen, Scotland next year; study marine biology or more accurate Cephalopods. I think I've read somewhere that bowhunting's legal in Scotland.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    ahh cephalopods--ye old head-foots. They don't actually walk on their heads, in fact most(if not all?) use a jet as their primary mode of locomotion. They are probably the smartest animals that use gills to breathe. They have an insatable instinct for exploration, and can be found in both the deepest and most shallow waters. There are probably many deep water species that still remain undiscovered. Hopefully someday we will have a martespuss.[;)]

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If not Martespus, Sepimartes or Martesteuthis, we'll have a Martes something read somewhere that a new species is found every 10 days near hydrotermic vents. I'll name the first one in your honour![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok Martes thats enough of a break.[B)] Back to the books[:(] I'll shout for ya in a month or so.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See you around Christmas![:D][:D]