In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cows!!

MartesMartes Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
A couple of weeks back I was out hunting Hazel grouse, any of you ever done that (they have a distinctive whistling call and a odd fluttering sound when they fly), I hunt by calling them with a whistle. Right so I'm crouching silently in the forest hearing how a grouse is nearing me, when I hear this bloody loud crashing sound, branches braking twigs cracking and so on, of course the bird flies to the next state. So there I'm sitting pissed at what I think is another hunter because no forest creature has that much sound. After a while I start wondering how anyone can be that clumsy and then suddenly appears this damn herd of cows, about fifty head. I was totally awestruck, in the middle of the forest far away from anything these dirtyed cows come and destroy any chance of bagging anything[:(!], for a few moments I thought about getting some beef fordinner, but in the end I decided that I wouldn't want some crazy farmer running after me with a shotgun .[:)]

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Hey, Martes good to hear from ya,[:D]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Forget the farmer, if you don't shoot 'em next to your truck AND have a winch in your bed you can't get 'em anyhow.

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good time [;)]
    I happened on two guys that had shot and was in the process of stealing a young heifer one time. Got the farmer and confronted them both then waited for the sherif to get there. I was heading to hunt on the farmers land that morning and to this day I still hunt his farm every year, go figure huh. [:D]

Poor guy is getting bad though, age has caught up with him.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent