In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Portable ladder stand

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone know where to find portable ladder stands? I friend of mine purchased one at an auction but it has no name or anything on it. It is made of aluminum light as a feather and breaks down and packs up like a climber. You carry it in and out like a back pack. Any help or direction is appreciated.
Thanks!!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Comments

• Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bang, what i'm going to suggest isn't exactly what you're asking for, but there is a site called Jesse's Hunting and Outdoors. If you look under "homemade and home improvement," those guys have all kinds of ideas for making ladder stands out of electrical conduit pipe. There's all sorts of pictures of them posted, might be a portable one among them. Lot of pages of great projects there. One guy even suggested using an actual ladder about 12 ft high, course that wouldn't be portable, but it could fit certain situations. Good luck with your hunt.

Joe
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    never seen a ladder stand like your describing, if you find it though I'd like to know who makes it or a web site. It sounds nice.

Stihl, a buddy and I tried welding up some ladders and stands using conduit one year. problem we had was burning through the thin conduit walls. We used 3/4" emt and a stick welder, might have been better with a newer wire feed. I'm gonna look for that site though, sounds like it might keep me busy and outa trouble some. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    StihlCuttinItStihlCuttinIt Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sus', here's the addy:

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?s=be7e58d85fa52024115ea10faed7bc4a&showforum=42

I'm going to click on it and see if it works after i post this.
    The stick welders i've seen would be too hot to use; maybe someone with exceptional skill could do it. I have a mig welder and going to try it after i price the stuff. Maybe do a few winter projects. Depends on whether or not it has raised in price like other metal has. Rebuilding those damn Arab countries raises price on all our materials.

BTW, Sus', best wishes to ya today....

Joe
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Thanks Stihl, the link worked. I'll search for the projects later.
    Only reason we used conduit before was because I got a bunch of scrap pieces from work. No more steel be given away these days though, prices are just plain crazy.
    If we're gonna build in Iraq then build something worth while, maybe sniper platforms or things to that nature, help out our own before helping Iraq.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by StihlCuttinIt
    Bang, what i'm going to suggest isn't exactly what you're asking for, but there is a site called Jesse's Hunting and Outdoors. If you look under "homemade and home improvement," those guys have all kinds of ideas for making ladder stands out of electrical conduit pipe. There's all sorts of pictures of them posted, might be a portable one among them. Lot of pages of great projects there. One guy even suggested using an actual ladder about 12 ft high, course that wouldn't be portable, but it could fit certain situations. Good luck with your hunt.

Joe

Hey looked at the site but did not see any home improvement area... was I maybe at the wrong site? Can you give us a link?

Thanks Nadine
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    nevermind [:I] we found it
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    nevermind [:I] we found it

quote:I guess its time to play the dumb blond card

Sorry....couldn't resist.

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif