In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

upcoming hunt

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Anyone in the central illinois area hear of the Allerton park deer hunt this year? I was one of the lucky ones to get a permit. can't wait. I copied a line from the article in the paper stating the population numbers.

"The UI brought in an expert to conduct a count of the deer population early this year. He recorded 730 deer in the area, with 383 within Allerton Park, or 163 deer per square mile. Biologists estimate that 20 deer per square mile is a tolerable number."

Should be insane hunting. They only give you seven days on your permit but a freind of mine that mushroom hunts in that park says I should be able to kill a lot of deer in 7 days. I am so excited I am loosing sleep and it doesn't open until Sat.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    WELL GOOD LUCK TO YOU SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL SEE MANY DER

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    With that many deer you should be able to take one alive[:D][:D][:D][:p] Just envious of you "GOOD LUCK" dont think you will need to much of that.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey bang, could ya send me the info on that. I have a buddy that needs a place to try and kill a deer. He lives in Georgetown close to me. Thanks

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Options
    COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck ........ and wear your orange while walking around....
    Some nutty folk show up at these things ........[:0]

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.

" There's plenty of room for all God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes."
    <')))><

<')))><
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    taco here is a couple news paper articles. And if you want to hook me up with a mailing address I can send some of the info I have left.
    I know it is a lottery. Aps were availible the whole month of August. Sounds like it will continue for a couple of years though If you (your freind) are interested in next year.

http://208.5.125.166/ngsearch/index.cfm?page=searchresult.cfm

hope the link works if not I'll copy/paste the article.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad