In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bow sights

tim the tool mantim the tool man Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
was wanting to get some info and have you guys suggest some scope mounts for me to check out i shoot a mathews conquest 3 and i am lovin every minute of it i want to start shooting in a league

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm a newbie to bows and am trying set up the sights without breaking too many arrows. Do you move the sights opposite the direction you want to move the arrow on the target? I have three pins, what should they be st at. 10, 20 30? Thanks in advance.

"Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ok any pros or cons on using a Predator IV Lighted Pendulum Bowsight
    it came with my bow and i like it so far but never hunted with one.

Taz
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of league are you going to shoot in? Scopes for bows can be pretty pricey.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My boss has a Tasco Pro-Point mounted on his. He had to jerry-rig some kind of mount.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i heard toxsonics makes a good sight it's the naildriver was wanting to hear about some others like it but easy on the wallet it is like 300 dollars without the scope for 3d archery[?]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok good we are on the same page. Toxonics makes a good sight but dollar for dollar you can't beat a sure loc sight. If you still want the micro adjust and magification Hoyt has a sight that I beleive is made by Toxonics you can screw in scope lens lights and it does stick out in fron of your bow to give you the longer sight plane. If you just want the magnification and don't care about the micro adjust there are other sights out there such as extreme and viper that will allow you to screw in scope lenses and lights. I am of the opinion that anything over 3x is a waste as the image you see through it is so blurry you can't make it out anyway, without the use of a low power clarifier or verifier through your peep. If you don't mind me asking what kind of a sight do you have on your conquest now?