In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Alright, anyone see any monsters yet?

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
I havn't, but I've only hunted 4 full days. I've yet to have any deer in range. Anyone have a big 'un get their heart thumpin' yet?

Ben

I root for the logo_chc_79x76.jpg and anyone who is playing the Cardinals.gif

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw a nice 10 Sunday evening, might score in the 130's other than that just a couple 8's and a big 6. Did see the biggest * i've ever came across.

Only The Strong Survive!!!!!
  • Islander1989Islander1989 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I have yet to see anything other than a couple of doe and some fawns while hunting. I did see two bucks chasing a doe while I was leaving my lease a week ago. No monsters, but at least there are bucks out there!

On another subject: Ben, who are you rooting for in game 7 tonight? The Astros who kept the Cubs out of the playoffs, or the dreaded Cardinals?
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    i have hunted for 3 days and have a gotten a wet * 2 those days without seeing anything

My old man's backhand used to land,
    Hard on the side of my head.
    I just learned to stay out of his way.
    There's been streetfights, blue lights,
    Long nights with the world sittin' on my chest:
    It just showed me how much I could take.
    Hard times, bad luck.
    Sometimes, life sucks.
    That's all right, I'm ok.
    It ain't nothin' but another day.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Islander1989
    Ben, who are you rooting for in game 7 tonight? The Astros who kept the Cubs out of the playoffs, or the dreaded Cardinals?

I firmly believe that the cubs kept the cubs out of the playoffs. Go Houston.

Ben

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Do monster does count. I have seen a couple very large doe. One had a body so big that her head didn't quite fit in.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Only the monster acorns that have been bouncing off my head. Movement around here seems to be real slow.[:(] Saw a doe with two young ones thats it. I have spent a lot of time in the woods just not seein em. Just a matter of time.[;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I've seen half a dozen or so small bucks and what seems like a pile of does (probably the same ones walking in circles though [:D]). Other than that it's been really slow. I'm not even going out this weekend, but I'm getting married so that effects it to. [;)]

I haven't heard of any of my buddies seeing anything really big yet. Sure hope that changes.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    NO....SUSP. DON'T DO IT........AAAAHHHHH!!!!![xx(]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad
    edited November -1
    AHHHHHHH, Getting married.[:I]

First comes the engaugement ring
    Then comes the wedding ring.
    Then the suffe"ring"

Sorry pal[:D]
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out last weekend. Didnt see anyting(except on the lawn when I came in after dark). ad a fox come passed my stand at 300pm. Was gonna shoot it but I couldnt remember if it was fox season.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
    edited November -1
    Yeah susp, good luck. Although, it sounds like you are the one who's gonna get bagged and tagged. [:D]

Ben

edited November -1
    Yep think your right Ben. No more huntin for susp. Oh honey I thought you were going to spend the day with me and my mother.[B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][:D]
    edited November -1
    To late guys, it's gotta be done now.
    No more hunting? Spend the day with her and her mom? Hello...who are you talking to? This poor girl normally spends her birthday alone because me and boys have and always will go fishing the first week of july. You think she's gonna effect my hunting?? No sir.
    The real reason I'm not hunting tomorrow morning before the wedding is because I need to spread manure on the garden and till it up, then mow the yard and blow all the leaves away. It's rained all week and I couldn't do it.
    [:D] see ya later, gotta go see if my suit is pressed and wrinkle free.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
    edited November -1
    Well, I guess it's too late now [}:)] Congradulations, May you both have a happy, healthy, love fill life together.gotta go I'm wellin up.[:I] Just kidding misery loves company[}:)][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone.

UPDATE (sounds like when they say it on unsolved mysteries)
    Saw a nice 10 or 12 this evening. Sounded like the guy farming the land I was hunting came up and got a piece of equipment out of a storage building. About a minute after hearing him heading towards that building that deer came sneaking through an old orchard then headed of to a brushy point across/above from me. It was dark when I got down so I need to check this out this week and see where my stands moving to. [;)]

• mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my friend evan shot a big 10 pointer this weekend. I couldnt go out hunting cause I had work and I live in the city. but I seen the buck and it was about 160lbs.
    -michael
    edited November -1
    got any pictures to share manson? Forum hasn't had many pictures in a while and everyone loves a nice ten pointer. [:)]
    congrats to your buddy.

• mansonmanson Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    no my dad didnt get a picture of it cause he said he only seen it for a second cause evan seen my dads truck at the house and he stoped by and showed him and then he went to check it in.sorry guys. but hey maybe I'll get one this shotgun or late bow season. didnt really get to hunt early bow cause of work. so waiting for the 13th to get here.
    -michael
    edited November -1
    The place I'm going in illinois e-mailed me and said they saw a 170 class and another big buck crusing along a fence line. Sounds the rut is starting to kick a little. I'm still shuffleing my stands back home I'm zeroing in on a buck. haven seen him yet all the signs are pointing to him being decent hope i'm not dissapointed.
    edited November -1
    The place I hunt in Southern Il. holds some true monsters. It is very deep and HUUUUGE woods with minimal pressure in their 'secret places'. On one hand it is really fun to hunt, because there is not enough pressure to force bucks to become nocturnal, they just go deeper into the woods. On the other hand, it is nearly impossible to pattern the animals because they can walk miles in any direction without having a natural funnel like a fencerow and such.

Ben